Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I went into Where's My Refund and the status bar was gone, and the message said We are still processing your return we will give you a date soon. Should I be concerned?

@Scottquintond this is the 1st time ever that the bars dissapearing happened to me. Last year I owed child support, same as this year, but my bars never disappeared last year.  Juat curious as to why all of a sudden now   

I went into Where's My Refund and the status bar was gone, and the message said We are still processing your return we will give you a date soon. Should I be concerned?

Same as mine Jennifer 

I don't owe child support don't have any debts where they would take anything from me and my boxes disappeared on 2/28 when I filed on 2/12 accepted 2/13 my sister filed last week already got her date of Wednesday the 10th and her boxes disappeared then came back yesterday she didn't owe anything either. They are doing maintenance on the website today from 10am till 12pm so hopefully they will get things fixed 

spursride
Returning Member

If the bars are missing definitely under some type of Audit and don’t count on getting your return any time soon.  I was Audited last year (for 2019 taxes ) because I claimed earned child income credit and did not receive my return until January 2021.   They have pulled me again for 2020 tax season for the same reason!  So frustrating!!! 

Rylee0408
Returning Member

Same thing happened to me 

What should I do

MoniqueLO_
Intuit Alumni

Refunds take about 21 days after the IRS has accepted your E-filed tax return. Please see below for more information. 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refund-status/help/when-will-i-get-my-irs-tax-refund/00/25589

If it has been more than 21 days, please see below for reasons as to why your refund may be taking longer.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refund-status/help/what-if-my-irs-refund-is-taking-longer-than-21-...

spursride
Returning Member

Appreciate the information.  It has been 21 days so when I called they told me I was pulled for Audit again.  Second year in a row! Don’t know  why they have to make sure my children all under the age of 17 still belong to me!!

How did you all get ahold of them? Everytime I call it says to busy cannot accept your call. 

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

If you are trying to contact the IRS, please click here

If you are trying to contact Turbo Tax customer support, please click here

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
spursride
Returning Member

I just kept calling and finally got someone. Took over 50 calls

What did you find out? 

I efiled my taxes 25 days ago have the same issue with my status bar. I have tried many times but still cannot get through to a human at the irs. Any attempt made to try to get an agent on the phone has resulted in the bot hanging up on me.

Same here 25 days now and no status bar now, just says processing. Has topic 152 on it and that goes either way from what I have looked up.

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

Due to Covid causing a shortage of IRS agents, the IRS has a backlog of returns and there is a lot of traffic on their website. This causes the website to slow down and this can cause the status bar to disappear. 

Please click IRS Operations During COVID-19: Mission-critical functions continue to learn more. 

The IRS states:

WHERE’S MY REFUND STATUS BARS DISAPPEARED

"We have gotten many comments and messages regarding the IRS Where’s My Refund Tool having your orange status bar disappearing. This has to do with irs.gov where’s my refund site having too much traffic and lagging. This is causing images not to display and information about your federal tax return to not show up. This has happened every year since the tool was first available. This has nothing to do with you being flagged or your return being denied. Status Bars Disappeared for many Americans who filed early.

This also can have to do with your browser settings as well as your cache. Please try using a different browser such as Chrome or Firefox. Also, clear your cache in your browser settings."

When checking on the status of your refund at the IRS Where's My Refund (WMR) site, you may get the message: We cannot provide any information about your refund. You must wait at least 24 hours after you get the acknowledgment e-mail that your tax return was received by the IRS.

• You might receive this message because:
  • Your e-filed return was accepted (received) by the IRS less than 24 hours ago. Wait at least 24 hours after acceptance before using WMR.
  • Your return is still pending.
  • You never e-filed. You can quickly find out if you did by checking your status.
  • If you don't see a status, go through the TurboTax File section again. Be sure to go all the way to the end and select Transmit my returns now.
  • You mailed your return less than 4 weeks ago. Paper-filers should wait four weeks before using WMR.

Please click Why is there no record of my return at Where's My Refund (WMR)? to learn more.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I efiled mine 24 days ago and haven't got my refund either. I think they are really backed up. I shouldn't have any problems at all. So frustrated with this not knowing bull though.. I am sad. haha

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies