turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

I went into Where's My Refund and the status bar was gone, and the message said We are still processing your return we will give you a date soon. Should I be concerned?

The IRS states:

WHERE’S MY REFUND STATUS BARS DISAPPEARED

"We have gotten many comments and messages regarding the IRS Where’s My Refund Tool having your orange status bar disappearing. This has to do with the irs.gov where’s my refund site having too much traffic and lagging. This is causing images not to display and information about your federal tax return to not show up. This has happened every year since the tool was first available. This has nothing to do with you being flagged or your return being denied. Status Bars Disappeared for many Americans who filed early.

This also can have to do with your browser settings as well as your cache. Please try using a different browser such as Chrome or Firefox. Also, clear your cache in your browser settings."

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I went into Where's My Refund and the status bar was gone, and the message said We are still processing your return we will give you a date soon. Should I be concerned?

Same with me , accepted on 01/27/2020 and today 2/18/2020 it says " Still being processed " . if you know anything please let me know and vice versa.

Most post will say that normal but I can tell you I called for another issue and she viewed my returns and told me my return had been resended for two errors they fixed then sent back to processing I have also heard there running behind 

When I went to my WMR this is what shows. I called and have no offsets, I have not gotten a letter. And it don’t show nothing about a date. What happened? I seen this same message when I did had a bar, along with code 152. Now that code is gone. And I filed on the 27th of January, I did do EIC but I read about this and they said they will process the EIC taxes on the 15th. My daughter still have the same message and she have a bar and didn’t have EIC. We both filed through Turbo tax. Her saw what mines said before the bar disappeared. Why do they do this? 

We have received your tax return and it is being processed.

Please Note: For refund information, please continue to check here, or visit the Refunds page on IRS.gov. Updates to refund status are made no more than once a day. 

Me to... that’s exactly what happened to me

AlecChristine07
Returning Member

I am having the same issue and I read yesterday that for those of us who filed and are getting the EIC credit, the website won't be updated until the 22nd, showing our refund date, and like one of the TurboTax employees mentioned, we won't be getting our refund until the end of the month. So I'm hoping that in 3 days it will be updated with a refund date.

We don't qualify for the EIC......so I have no clue what's going on. Their responses are so generic! I think they should be required to put the legit reason why your refund hasn't been approved yet. It's frustrating but there is nothing I can do!

We do not qualify for the EIC/ATC and for somereason my status isn't populating on the WMR website.

It feels like everyone is giving canned answers versus inspecting the root reason why this is going on. Just say that you are behind. I liken it to a restaurant open communication about food being delayed equals me not getting frustrated. Telling me multiple times it should only be a few more minutes for my food to arrive is BS, just tell me they had to redo the _____ dish.

There is no transparency and filing should is very easy with Turbo, and if you have filed successfully with Turbo, you should get your money quicker. It should be like the people with pre-check in the airport, just acknowledge the return quicker~ I make less than $100k, how much can I really 'game' it - Its a standard deduction, give me a break.

I filed 2/5/20. It said it was accepted. But when I go to WHERES MY REFUND it says i have to wait for an email saying that the irs has received my return. It's been a month. Should I be worried?

Just to clarify, "resended" is not the right word—what we're talking about here is rescinded. To rescind something (for example, your tax return), means to revoke, cancel, or repeal it. If the IRS has rescinded your tax return, it means, roughly, that the document was not accepted and will likely require further work on your part before it can be resubmitted.

Hope this helps some people out in the future.

AN-

Mines the exact same. I sent mine in on 1/29 and got received and had one bar show. About a week later it tells me that’s it’s still being processed and will let me know when a date is available 

This happened last year to me and I didn’t get my return until almost July . Now it’s happening again and it makes no sense because I file the same kids and the same job every year .

spursride
Returning Member

Mine did the same thing and I got the same message.   I called IRS this morning and they told me my refund had been randomly selected for identity verification and I was sent a letter stating why on 2/20/20 and to not expect my refund for 60 days.    They said it was partially because we filed jointly and claimed the Earned Income Child Credit.  A bunch of BS!  We have a simply return w2 only and don't itemize anything.  So irritated!

The exact same thing happened to me, so I did a little digging. This is the second year I've used Turbo Tax and I've been filing with the same spouse and same dependents and have never had an issue. My return was accepted on 1/27. I checked Where's my refund and it stated that my refund was processing and gave me the code 152 for EIC. By the 19th my bar disappeared and there was nothing but a generic we are processing your return message. By Monday 2/24 I call the IRS, the representative states that my return was pulled randomly for review and I should have gotten a letter, which I did not. I call again today as I noticed online that many people have been getting conflicting information and now I'm told my refund date was set for 3/4. At this point I'm not sure who to believe. I will keep everyone posted.....

I keep checking and mine says "Still processing" 

But I had three 1099Cs and three 982s plus i did a legal name change during this last year so half of my documents have my dead name. I don't even know what number to call to even ask about my return. I filed on 2/10 

Mine has no bars but no codes either

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies