Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I went into Where's My Refund and the status bar was gone, and the message said We are still processing your return we will give you a date soon. Should I be concerned?

Same here...today the entire bar is gone. It was showing for the last 10 days...saying accepted...now it's gone.  Iv heard a few people say they were pulled for audit when this happened. We will see if it reappears I guess.

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

I went into Where's My Refund and the status bar was gone, and the message said We are still processing your return we will give you a date soon. Should I be concerned?

This can mean you are still working on your return if you have not submitted it. I recommend you double check your e-file status by logging into the e-file tool. If it was accepted, continue to check the IRS website for an update. Once they have a date, they will update the website. You will need your, social security number or ITIN, your filing status and your exact refund amount. You can obtain this information from your Turbo Tax account.

How do I check my e-file status? https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3319882

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I got this same message on the 10th I will tell you when I called Wednesday it was explain that my returns were resended and two errors were found and corrected and return sent to processing today I tried to check wmr with my husband info kept telling me it was incorrect so I called today she took our info and said you have a Ddd for the 20th I will also tell you I can log on to wmr with my info and still missing bars my transcript is now available and it confirmed the date I was given . Code 846 is is what your looking for on transcript 

JO58

Same thing, bars showed since 3rd today gone.

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Sometimes the returns disappear from WMR while they are being processed. 

Try calling the WMR automated hotline instead: 1-800-829-1954 or visit the IRS website.  

Here's an article that can also shed some light on this issue.  

Please see below.  

Why is there no record of my return at Where's My Refund ...  

Yes they dissapeared because they were resended because of two errors that were fix and sent back to processing 

Tanya20

I’m concerned about my refund because on1/27/2020 it was accepted. About 4days later it said your refund is still being processed a date will appear when available!! Its been like that since the 1st of February.. Any suggestions of what’s going on? I haven’t received a letter yet

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

Have you tried calling the WMR Information line as suggested above?  Please see the below information:

From AkinaLO:

Sometimes the returns disappear from WMR while they are being processed. 

Try calling the WMR automated hotline instead: 1-800-829-1954

Here's an article that can also shed some light on this issue.  

Please see below.  

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refund-status/help/why-is-there-no-record-of-my-return-at-where-s-...

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

The PATH Act gives the IRS extra time to detect fraudulently-filed returns, which helps identity theft victims get their refunds faster. So when you claim an Earned Income Tax Credit and/or an Additional Child Tax Credit, the soonest you will get your refund is the end of February. 

Please refer to the page below for more details.  

When will I get my IRS tax refund? - Community 

@Tanya20 @Jaquan1944

Same . Since it was accepted its showed the status bar , then this morning... it was gone . How it just means they're updating 

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

Believe it or not, this is normal. "Pending" simply means that your e-filed return is on its way and that the government hasn't accepted or rejected it yet. Until they accept or reject it, they won't have any record of it. Once you've been accepted, wait at least 24 hours before you use the IRS Where's My Refund? site.  If you jump the gun, you may be told?—incorrectly?—that you never filed.

Please click Why doesn't the government have any record of my pending return? to learn more.

Thalia

I had the same thing happen in 2018.  Now, the bar disappeared again in 2019.  I am concerned I will go through the same rigmarole.  It took 6 months to have my taxes dealt with through the IRS last year, I am hoping I don't go through this again this year.

My taxes were accepted on tbe 27th of January. I checked WMR on the 12th and I had the first bar. I checked today the 18th and I have no bars and the message states my refund is still being processed and it is the 22nd day.

stew1012

EXACTLY the same for me.  In all my years, I have never had this happen.  And we have nothing that would warrant any fraudulent claims or audit, in my opinion.  I am positive I have the easiest taxes to do in the whole world.  Frustrating.

My Federal and State were both accepted on Jan. 29th and the status bar disappeared for me yesterday saying the same message. I logged on to our state and it says your refund is being "manually" processed. I think both Fed and State are just taking extra precautions with identity theft. Not sure! I just wish they would put a better explanation of what the hold up is rather than a generic response. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies