turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

digitt16

I want to see the details of my return for 2018. Not just the final figures on the 1040, but where the income came from specifically.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

I want to see the details of my return for 2018. Not just the final figures on the 1040, but where the income came from specifically.

You will have to wait until the transition from 2018 to 2019 is complete sometime in December in order to view the worksheets you want to see for the individual sources of income.  Right now you can only get to the pages needed to file a return by mail.  You really should always save your own W-2's and/or 1099's for your own records to avoid problems like this.  

You could get a wage and income transcript from the IRS:

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
digitt16

Thanks.  I do actually have copies of all the 1099's but unfortunately they are not available to me right now, and was hoping to view that information on TurboTax.  Honestly, it seems silly that I can't see the information that I inputted into Turbotax. But thank you for your answer.  

For the future when you are done you should always save your return as a pdf file with all the worksheets before online closes, so you have access to it whenever you need it.  And if you are using the Online version also save the .tax file in case you need to amend or open it in the future.  

digitt16

Thanks for the advice.  Will certainly do so in the future.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies