Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I think I messed my taxes up?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DanaB27
Expert Alumni

If you have already filed your return then you will need to see if your return gets accepted or rejected. Please be aware that the IRS won't start processing returns until February 12, 2021.

• If your return will be rejected by the IRS, all you will have to do is add the W2 from you job and Form 1099G on your return and refile.
  • If your return will be accepted by the IRS, you will have to file an amended return (1040X) to make changes. But you might want to wait until your refund or payment is processed. Please be aware that you can e-file your 2020 amended federal tax return, but most states require amendments to be printed and filed by mail.

Please see FAQ How to amend a tax return for instructions.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

8 Replies

I worked a job i forgot about it was only 2 weeks possibly 3. And I didn't do my 1099 g. I was trying to get my stimulus payment and someone told me to use turbo tax. 

DanaB27
Expert Alumni

If you have already filed your return then you will need to see if your return gets accepted or rejected. Please be aware that the IRS won't start processing returns until February 12, 2021.

• If your return will be rejected by the IRS, all you will have to do is add the W2 from you job and Form 1099G on your return and refile.
  • If your return will be accepted by the IRS, you will have to file an amended return (1040X) to make changes. But you might want to wait until your refund or payment is processed. Please be aware that you can e-file your 2020 amended federal tax return, but most states require amendments to be printed and filed by mail.

Please see FAQ How to amend a tax return for instructions.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Awesome thank you! So it's nothing to get worked up about? 

Cass0317
Intuit Alumni

No, if there is a mistake on your tax return and the IRS rejects the return, you can just simply go in and make the necessary changes and resubmit. If it is accepted and you find information needs corrected, you can Amend your tax return.

The links below will walk you through the process if needed:

I think i messed up my taxes or did something wrong can someone get ahold of me. My number is [phone number removed]

@Rascinahalf2020 No one can call you from the user forum.   Please post a clear and specific question or tell us what you think is messed up on your tax return.  Did you e-file it already?   

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
lebogert
Returning Member

my cell is [phone number removed]

@lebogert 

This is a PUBLIC internet forum so do NOT post your PII here as no legitimate person will call you ...only scammers.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies