Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I received an IRS notice noting that the 2019 tax withheld reported from my employer is different than the 2019 tax withheld reported on my tax return. Need CPA!

Dawn and all ... I don't know that you'll see this as it's been a few weeks now.  I finally had time to look more closely at this.  Cutting to the chase ... my employer held back some RSUs to pay taxes on the full vested amount.  The federal withholding on that 'hold back' was the difference between W2 Box 2 and 1040 Line 17.  After checking with my employer payroll department, I confirmed that the W2 Box 2 *already included* the amount paid to federal withholding from the RSU 'hold back' amount.

So, in a nutshell ... I will generate and mail a 1040-X with the corrected 1040 Line 17.

And this is why I got an MBA and not a CPA 🙂

Thanks everyone for your excellent help !!!

Dan Hildebrand

Phoenix, Arizona

lawrence1

I received an IRS notice noting that the 2019 tax withheld reported from my employer is different than the 2019 tax withheld reported on my tax return. Need CPA!

I don't understand this reply, Can you pease explain what it means?

lawrence1

Do the blank spaces mean that I did not supply the information  required for them?

BillM223
Expert Alumni

Sorry, I don't know which reply you are referring to. 

"Do the blank spaces mean that I did not supply the information  required for them?"

Blank spaces where on what form? Remember that we in the Community cannot see your private tax data, so please give us the context of your question.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies