turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jlau0504

I received a W2-C with no state corrections. Do I still need to paper file with the state?

Hello, I completed an amended federal return because my wife received a W2-C from her employer that states the Social Security and Medicare and CASDI information need correction. However, there are no corrections made to the State information (California). After completing the amended returns, the system is telling me that I still need to mail the returns to the state which is concerning because it says I still owe the amount that I already paid for when I filed my taxes in March. Do I need to mail the amended returns if no state corrections were required?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I received a W2-C with no state corrections. Do I still need to paper file with the state?

when you do an amended return. you must enter any tax payments that have not been included on the original return. Turbotax does not assume that any payments you were supposed to make with the return were actually made.

jlau0504

Right, I just misunderstood the form, in the amended return, the amount paid matches the amount owed, so it's right. My main question is, since nothing changed in my state taxes, is it necessary to mail it? I saw this question answered before; which is, because nothing changed with state taxes, there's no need to mail it in, but I wanted to make sure it isn't state specific.

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies