turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

bellasmom7769
Returning Member

I received a 5071 C and it will not let me verify my identity online because I don't have a regular credit card only have bank account or debit cards when I try to call the IRS number are closed due t

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies
SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

I received a 5071 C and it will not let me verify my identity online because I don't have a regular credit card only have bank account or debit cards when I try to call the IRS number are closed due t

You can review these IRS website for more information.

Understanding Your 5071C Letter https://www.irs.gov/individuals/understanding-your-5071c-letter CPEO Individual Identity Verification for Responsible Individuals https://www.irs.gov/tax-professionals/cpeo-individual-identity-verification-for-responsible-individu...

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
bellasmom7769
Returning Member

I don't think you read my question I have already done the online identification process and it will not let me finish due to me not having a credit card and when I call the number in the letter they're not answering due to coronavirus so I need help what can I do now I have a bank account I have a credit debit card what else can I do can you help me

GiseleD
Expert Alumni

If you cannot finish this process due to not having a credit card, you will unfortunately have to wait until the IRS reopens this portion of its services for phone calls. 

@bellasmom7769

• I am having the same problem I received the 5071 c letter and I don't have a mortgage auto loan or a credit card only a bank account and debit and the online verification wants one of those things I don't have and I am not working lost my job and need my tax return please do something to help us

I am having the same problem I received the 5071 c letter and I don't have a mortgage auto loan or a credit card only a bank account and debit and the online verification wants one of those things I don't have and I am not working lost my job and need my return asap

JohnW222
Expert Alumni

@Akelizabeth47

You might see if you qualify for assistance from the IRS's Taxpayer Advocate office.  They're often able to help people with hardship situations. 

Please see the TurboTax Help article How Can the Taxpayer Advocate Service Help Me? and the IRS's Taxpayer Advocate Service page for information.

bigbearmelva20
Returning Member

I need help i cant get in i cant talk to neone. Our local office is closed. Now im missing out on the stimulus. Im gonna be homeless. Help

bigbearmelva20
Returning Member

Its the same i cant verify becuz i dont have creditcards ect. And cant call i been trying for almost a month im so stressed i started crying.

You have 3 ways to verify ... online, call or go to an IRS office.  

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/understanding-your-letter-5071c-or-6331c

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies