turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I need to download turbotax 2012 so I can open my tax documents from that year. How can I do that?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
MiriamF
Intuit Alumni

I need to download turbotax 2012 so I can open my tax documents from that year. How can I do that?

You may need to search online to find a CD of TurboTax 2012 available for sale.

Before you go looking for that, though, click on My Account > Print Center. One of the options is to Print or view a prior year return. If you filed your 2012 return with TurboTax, you should be able to print it that way.

TurboTax only makes the last three years of tax software available, and 2013 goes away after April 18. This is because the IRS only accepts amended returns for the previous three years.

zorea

Hello, I need some information from my tax years 2010,2011,2012,2013, and2014. I was using turbo tax but my laptop brook and I loose does info. is it possible to have asses to them throw turbo tax?

I need to download turbotax 2012 so I can print my tax documents 

TurboTax  and the IRS  save returns for seven years if you used online TurboTax.  If you did not save a copy of your 2012 return it is gone.  Sorry.   AND 2012 desktop software is no longer available for purchase.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

If you have a .tax or .tax20xx file you need that year's Desktop program installed to open it.

Turbo Tax doesn't have programs older than 3 years.  You might be able to find one on Ebay or Amazon or somewhere but you wouldn't be able to update it or download the state program.

You could try the TaxPrinter service (not connected with Turbo Tax) to convert a .tax file to pdf at

http://www.taxprinter.com

OR get a copy from the IRS -

http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript

Lskjeve

I need tax information on property owned and renovated.  I have sold property (second home) and need information for capital gains issues.

MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

If this was a second home (never used as a rental property), all you need to report the sale and calculate Capital Gain/Loss is the Cost Basis (Original Cost + Capital Improvements), the Sales Price and the Sales Expenses. 

Click this link for instructions on Reporting the Sale of a Second Home

This link gives info on How to Access a Prior Year Return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies