`

I mailed my amended return almost 5 weeks ago. When I track the form it says, "Your amended return information is currently unavailable in this application...."

I called 1 week ago and spoke with an agent who said my return could possibly be at the processing center and not processed yet because she had no record of it.  I'm certain I signed the form and provided my supporting documents.  Should I re-mail my amended return?

I would wait another couple of weeks before re-mailing the amended return. The IRS says you should be able to track in within 3 weeks but they don't always meet their targets. The return can take up to 16 weeks to process. If you mail it again, make sure you mail it registered mail with return receipt requested.

Here is an IRS Q&A about amended returns: <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.irs.gov/faqs/irs-procedures/amended-returns-form-1040x/amended-returns-form-1040x-3">htt...>

I would not mail a second copy at this time.  if the IRS did receive the first copy, sending a second copy could further delay processing.  wait the 3 weeks. if you see nothing call them.     note that returns that are mailed in have to be manually processed.  with possibly thousands of them, you should realized that it takes time for this 

as Texas Roger stated - any time you mail in a return make sure you get some form of proof of delivery.  this is just as  important for original returns as amended.    you may need that receipt to prove timely filing.  

My amended return is finally showing in the "Where's My Amended Return" tracker with a 4/17/19 received date.  It must have updated over the weekend.  Thanks for the advice.  🙂

So how long did you wait till it get update on the IRS tool ? My tracking showed they recieved on March 11 and today I still dont get any update. I cant call anyone since no one is working now.

My Amennded Return was received on March 16th and it's still not showing up on the website nor can I talk to a live person at this time. 

Because of the COVID-19 issues, the IRS has postponed processing paper returns, including the Form 1040X amended tax returns.  No specific date has been given for when the IRS will begin processing paper returns again, but only that paper returns will be processed once processing centers are able to reopen. 

At this time there is no way to predict when the returns will be reported on the IRS Get My Payment website.

The IRS instructs that if you already have filed via paper but it has not yet been processed, do not file a second tax return or write to the IRS to inquire about the status of your return or your economic impact payment.

@Pear

@MrSpy360

Thank you for getting back to me. 

I mailed my amend at the first week of March and it almost the end of April what's the deal. And feedback. I'm positive I signed and dated and sent all the correct documents 

It took 19 total weeks from the time I mailed my 1040X to the time I got my check in the mail last year. 

I filed my amended return the last week of 02/2020 and haven't recieved anything. It just keeps telling me that my amended return has not been processed yet. Its not showing the IRS has received my amended return at all. I can't talk to anyone on the phone. I have been trying to get in contact with the IRS since the first week of March... so at this point I've just been waiting. That's all that can be done right? 

Yes, that is all that can be done at this time.  

Due to the pandemic situation, the IRS has suspended the processing of mailed tax returns, including amended returns.  It is just a matter of waiting until they are back to normal operations and they begin processing mailed returns again.  Right now, there is no indication of when that might be happening.

@ABCJess