turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I haven't received my refund why am I being charged before I receive it

Its amazing how customers blame Turbo Tax due to their tax situations. Turbo Tax is not integrated into the IRS system. No third party filing agency is. Numbers are calculated based on what the customers input. If the IRS says you owe, then that is between you and the IRS, has nothing to do with Turbo Tax. And on some of your other post about be charged TurboTax fees before getting your refund. The agreement made when you agreed to that is that if you do not receive your refund by the date of the auto debit, that you authorized Turbo Tax to deduct the fees from your checking account. Your refund delay has nothing to do with the TurboTax, that is an IRS issue. Another issue I am going to explain here is when you prepare and file your return with TurboTax, you are paying for the service used. When you efile and it gets sent to the IRS, its an automated message from the IRS advised they have accepted it does not mean they have processed it. This year with the stimulus and unemployment tax credit has caused a huge delay in processing returns. Your return is sitting in line waiting. Until they process your return then it will show records that they have your return. Agents, example CSR's that work for IRS don't have access to your returns until they have been processed, that is why they say they don't see any record of submission yet, why, because it has not been processed yet! And that is the job of the tax agents that work for the IRS not the CSR's. Once efiled from TurboTax to the IRS, it is out of the hands of TurboTax. Its the same way if you would walk into an TurboTax office or H&R Block office. You pay to use the service, its the same as doing it online. You accepted terms when you used TurboTax online, even accepted the terms when choosing to pay fees from your refund. The agreement to deduct from your account was written right in front of you before you submitted. 3 emails were sent to advise of the auto debit. You had plenty of time to call Turbo Tax and advise of the auto debit.

Lol you wrote all of that but clearly didn't read the op. What a waste of time. 

I'd love to reply to all of that. But definitely not gonna waste my time. But I will say, you have obviously never called turbo tax before. Because I did n if you read the replies before, lol, committing to such a long rant, you'd know I did. 

k0nk

I received a letter stating they need to verify my identity and after sending the information i received another saying it could take up to 60 days to process. If i pay the fee now, won't they still take their fee once the refund is finished processing?

@k0nk wrote:

I received a letter stating they need to verify my identity and after sending the information i received another saying it could take up to 60 days to process. If i pay the fee now, won't they still take their fee once the refund is finished processing?

See this TurboTax support FAQ for payment of the account fees - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/charges-and-fees/help/why-was-my-bank-account-auto-debited-for-tur...

k0nk

I saw that already, it makes it seem it's gonna charge me and take my IRS refund fee as well. That's why I'm asking here

I have a similar situation to the op. But I didn't receive three emails asking for the payment amount. I received one email just stating I would be debited today. I don't have the money in my account because of what's going on. I get I esigned,  but I didn't receive emails asking for permission.  It just charged me. Most people choose the charge from refund option because they don't have the money to pay for the fee at the time. I get customers van be irritating and try to blame people but there are legit concerns and problems trying to be addressed by some people and just saying "you signed a contract" is just rude, unhelpful,  and mean sometimes

I mean’t no harm or meaning saying’s in my response. But you have to look at it from a stand point. Example, you leased or got a loan to buy a new car, you choose a monthly day date to pay your car note every month by, before you walk out of the dealership with the car, you have to agree to the terms. Like me, I read before I sign instead of just checking the boxes that I agree. In some instances in this case same with the agreement with TT, some do not read and are just in a rush to file. 3 emails do go out, depending how its sent it can go to your spam or junk folder but they do go out. But lets go back to the car. You agree to pay by the 8th each month. Due date comes up, money gets pulled, your now negative cause you did not have the money in their. I am not being mean about this, but are you going to blame the bank that you agreed to pull the payment to pay the note or are you going to blame yourself  because you didn’t meet your end of the contract? Tax time is discouraging to alot of people, especially this season. IRS is still behind as we speak, that is why that notice is set in this place in case it is delayed due to the IRS.

I still have not gotten my federal why am I being charge I filed with you and chose to get it removed from my federal but have not received my federal

@ctimmons187 wrote:

I still have not gotten my federal why am I being charge I filed with you and chose to get it removed from my federal but have not received my federal

See this TurboTax support FAQ for payment of the account fees - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/charges-and-fees/help/why-was-my-bank-account-auto-debited-for-tur...

what if the funds are unavailable on the date of debit. will i be charged extra? 

will the $60 be added to the refund if they debit it from my account?

Essentially yes.  They won't deduct the $60 from your refund.  But they still might take out the Extra $40 Refund Processing Service charge (45 in California).

so in other words we are still paying the $60 for the service but it is now a "good faith" fee until we get our refund. kinda like buying a car and paying for it in the hopes that it will be built and delivered to you in one piece. we signed up to pay $40 for the service and another $60 to have the funds taken from the account so we are not being charged a double $60 fee. seems to me like this move will definitely hurt the number of users of this service in the future. what if the money is not in the account when they debit the account? will we be charged some kind of fee ? 

The $60 is for the Turbo Tax fee.  The extra $40 or 45 in California is the service charge to have the fees deducted from your refund.  It's been that way for many many years.  It is not new.  Or you could have paid the $60 upfront with a credit card and avoided the extra $40.  

When you selected to have the fees deducted you agreed they could debit your account if the IRS takes too long or reduces your refund if it doesn't cover the fees.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies