There are a couple of ways to check to see if you e-filed your return.
1. Sign into TurboTax with the same login you used when you filed your return.
- If you can't remember, go to the Account Recovery page and enter your email to get a list of all User IDs tied to that email address.
2. Click Taxes near the top left corner of your screen, under the TurboTax logo.
3. On the My Tax Timeline screen, your e-file status for both your Federal and State will show up.
- If you see the Orange Take me to my return button then you have not filed your taxes.
You can also check your e-file status using the TurboTax E-File Status Lookup Tool.
Just to clarify, did you receive the text alert from the IRS or from TurboTax stating that your return has been accepted?
If you received the text alert from TurboTax, and would like to change your preferred method of contact, please follow the steps below:
Yes, you can sign up for Email Alerts after you have filed your return.
To sign up for email alerts, please follow the steps below:
1. Sign into your Online account,
2. Scroll down to Intuit Account in the bottom left panel,
3. This will bring you to the Account Settings page,
4. Select Security on the left,
5. Select Edit and enter the phone number that you wish to use,
6. Select Turn On for the two step verification,
7. You will see a question that asks 'How should we contact you'? and select Email,
8. Be sure to select 'Turn On' to consent to get a emails to confirm your contact info.
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"