Just to clarify, did you receive the text alert from the IRS or from TurboTax stating that your return has been accepted?
If you received the text alert from TurboTax, and would like to change your preferred method of contact, please follow the steps below:
Yes, you can sign up for Email Alerts after you have filed your return.
To sign up for email alerts, please follow the steps below:
1. Sign into your Online account,
2. Scroll down to Intuit Account in the bottom left panel,
3. This will bring you to the Account Settings page,
4. Select Security on the left,
5. Select Edit and enter the phone number that you wish to use,
6. Select Turn On for the two step verification,
7. You will see a question that asks 'How should we contact you'? and select Email,
8. Be sure to select 'Turn On' to consent to get a emails to confirm your contact info.
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"