Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Anniep5872
Returning Member

What's the difference between your return is "being processed" and your "return is still processing"? Anyone WMR update since 2/17? I need answers???

I have currently being processed what that mean I have one bar tax topic 152 and all my info in the side 

KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

What's the difference between your return is "being processed" and your "return is still processing"? Anyone WMR update since 2/17? I need answers???

See the video in this link for a really good explanation of the process: 

https://www.refundschedule.com/irs-wheres-refund-status-bars-disappeared/

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Mine has been like this for 5 weeks

that's how I used to comment my daily  programs changes  LOL.

coding.

still more coding.

even more coding.

more and more coding.

This continued until final build aka approval.

Processed means exactly what it is being processed if it switches to still being processed is completely different.  They found something that didnt add up.  A mistake or further review for a variety of reasons.  You should get a letter but it would be best to call them because it could take. Anywhere from a day to a few weeks\months to fix.  Horrible!!!!!!

Hopehope

I need to know what going on with my taxes for 2020

ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

It can take up to 21 calendar days (sometimes a little longer) after your return is accepted before you receive your refund from the IRS. The IRS is the only entity that has insight into why your return may be delaying. Please click here for IRS contact information.

me too-5 weeks and counting

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

This is normal. It can take anywhere from a few days to 3 weeks to update and show the status. The 21 days is just an estimated time frame. The IRS began processing returns on 2/12, you may not find a record of it or the website may say that you have put in incorrect information when tracking your federal refund. As your return moves through the system, the status of it will be updated.

Since Turbo Tax will not have the status of your refund, continue checking the Where’s My Federal Refund tool for updates. Updates are made daily, usually overnight.

What does pending mean? 

Please use this link to track your refund from the IRS

Tax Season Refund Frequently Asked Questions

I filed my taxes with TurboTax on February 3rd. The IRS accepted my federal tax return on February 13th, it is now March 27th 43 days since the IRS accepted my federal tax return and it still says being processed.

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

Please see the response here from TerukoL:  

Some returns will stay Pending for several days or even longer, especially with the IRS filing delay and backlog this tax season due to COVID closing the offices and leaving the IRS with very few employees working for the past year. The IRS has not stated how long returns can or will remain in pending status.

Please click IRS Operations During COVID-19: Mission-critical functions continue to learn more. 

source

Yes, I agree! My bars went down (and I only had the first bar lit up (received) when the first message came up...We have received your tax return and it is still being processed and a refund date will be provided when available. ....I called IRS and they told me they made corrections and they refund had been reduced (okay no problem) but could not tell me when I would be receiving it.....a few weeks later; the message changed to "We have received your tax return and it is being processed" which I am thinking they are finished with corrections and about to bring my bars back up and give me a refund date (fingers crossed).....

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

@mamiefunchesberry

You can continue to monitor their website. When they have a release date, they will publish it. 

FL5

What's the difference between being processed and still being processed

@Greengreenbert 

If your Refund Status text changes, you're not going to get a letter explaining that.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies