Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

asunderm

I got a notice from the IRS I did not pay may tax bill. I paid through TurboTax ACH. Does anyone know what a next step here may be?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

I got a notice from the IRS I did not pay may tax bill. I paid through TurboTax ACH. Does anyone know what a next step here may be?

OK ... you may have requested the debit happen when you filed the return but did it actually happen ???   Do you see the payment on any bank/CC statement ?   If you do send the proof to the IRS to dispute their position. 

DIRECT DEBIT CONSENT.jpgDIRECT DEBIT CONSENT 2.jpg

If you selected direct debit from your bank account for the federal taxes owed, that information was sent with your federal tax return when it was e-filed.

If your bank account was not debited by the IRS then the federal taxes owed were not paid.

How you chose to pay the federal taxes owed will be on the Federal Filing Instructions page included with your tax return.

Sign onto your TurboTax online account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

Scroll down and click on Add a State.  This will take you back to the 2019 online tax return.

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen. Then click on Print Center. Then click on Print, save or preview this year's return.

You can pay the federal taxes owed on the IRS payment website - https://www.irs.gov/payments

asunderm

Yes, it was debited from my bank account, so the transaction was successful, however I still got a notice that I owe payment. Do you know if there is a way to get a receipt of payment via TurboTax?

@asunderm wrote:

Yes, it was debited from my bank account, so the transaction was successful, however I still got a notice that I owe payment. Do you know if there is a way to get a receipt of payment via TurboTax?

No.  TurboTax has no way to verify that the payment was made.  Your bank statement showing the payment and the IRS as the payee is your proof of payment.

asunderm

Thank you! I will send that in as evidence then. I appreciate it.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies