Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

I got a letter from the irs saying they are gonna take 60 more days to review my return. What does this mean?

If there was something obviously wrong with the tax return the IRS would simply adjust it and adjust the tax due or refund as well, or it would be rejected. The review process is usually random, or the result of the type or combination of information listed on the tax return. 

It has little to do with the way the return was prepared.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I got a letter from the irs saying they are gonna take 60 more days to review my return. What does this mean?

Yes. Tuere was something wromg but they did not just change it. They actually had it on hold or something fpr the last year. I now need to do an amended return for 2018 federal. Can you tell me how? Please. God bless and stay well.

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Please follow the instructions below to amend your return.

How do I amend my 2019 TurboTax Online return? - Community

I received a letter stating the same.  Crushed me.  No idea how to proceed...This is extremely difficult. 

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

@Dkm1980 The following TurboTax page is a resource for understanding the IRS letter you received:  We can help you with your IRS letter.

I filed in in January and go a letter for 60day review did u ever get your refund

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Please follow the instructions listed in the article below for assistance with the letter you have received. 

https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/irs-notice/audit-support/ 

@Maurkita33 

Nope I'm still waiting 🥺

I have used turbotax for several years and I thought an audit is completed prior to submitting to IRS. I've never lied on my taxes. I've had 3 children for a decade... I'm struggling and stressed.  Why is this happening  especially now? 

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

The IRS selects returns at random, it does not mean you have necessarily done anything wrong. Once they finish with the return, they will then moved it to approved if all is well. 

My refund is taking a lot longer and there is no info available. Why is this and when would they refund me?

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Only the IRS will know exactly why your refund is taking longer. 

Please follow the instructions here to contact the IRS. 

Would who refund you exactly? Turbo Tax will not refund you once you have submitted your return, as you completed using their service since you already prepared your return. 

Facts that's what I said like if u decided to review it review it dnt throw it in a pile and keep it moving to approving things like come on no need to send and give/tell us nothing but u need to wait till we want stupid 

And that's what I told them had them push it back 30 days not got a email saying on the 1st the taking they 130 but it's like I'm paying u for this reason right here so u can handle it why am I paying if u arnt or cant even do anything rip tf off 

Exactly my issue they aint no help

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies