turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

aksilv

I filled out the page to receive an email today (feb 8) to amend my return after receiving my stimulus after I had already filed but I didn’t receive the email.

Anyone else have this issue or know why?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

I filled out the page to receive an email today (feb 8) to amend my return after receiving my stimulus after I had already filed but I didn’t receive the email.

You won't get that email until the IRS starts permitting amended returns and TT has the 1040-X forms finalized.

The IRS won't even start processing original returns until Feb 12, so sit tight.

I did the same thing. Turbo tax emailed me and I did exactly what was required in order to review and re-file my taxes. I fillies our the form February 6th and was informed that once I did so, I should be getting an email February 8th by turbo tax with further instructions. It’s February 8th and I’m still waiting on that email. What’s going on?

aksilv

I don’t mind waiting but do you know why TurboTax said specifically that I would receive the email today, feb 8th? 

The day is not over yet.  Maybe it will take a day or two longer for them to email everyone.  The IRS doesn't open until Friday Feb 12 so there is still time.

I’m not sure why they specifically pick feb 8th, but what I do know is that I received a check last the government’s deadline. I decided to file my 2020 taxes, and for some reason I ended up getting a stimulus, after I already filed and claimed the 2nd relief stimulus. I want to fix it, I mean it was their fault for giving a deadline, then tell people to file it on their 2020 taxes, without a way to fix it, knowing people were still probably getting it super late. This better not put my return in review with the IRS, if they look at the date I filed, and the deadline they gave everyone for this 2nd relief, and people filed after the deadline, they should take that into consideration. Plus, if I can go on my payment tool and see that I received the second one super late, I’m pretty sure they will be smart enough to know I received it. So frustrating!!! Turbo tax needs to communicate better with their customers, don’t have me complete a form, to review and re-file my taxes, and never get back to us! This is so Ridiculous!

I just checked my email, and they updated their letter regarding the following dates 02/06 & 02/08. If you filed your 2020 taxes and added the 2nd stimulus as not received,( but did receive it late) but never signed the 02/06 form sent through email, the deadline has expired. You have no chance to review or re-file. Now if you did sign the form on 02/06, an email on 02/08 will be sent through via email with further instructions, if you qualify. IF I QUALIFY!! You sent me the email, letting me know what was required from me, In order to re-view and re-file. Now, it’s if I qualify!? I don’t like where this is going, but I just hope they fix it.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies