turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ramon2

I filled for 2019 and 2018 on TurboTax but didn’t receive federal back because I owe . But I received state back. Since I owe federal do I still get a stimulus check?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
AnnetteB6
Employee Tax Expert

I filled for 2019 and 2018 on TurboTax but didn’t receive federal back because I owe . But I received state back. Since I owe federal do I still get a stimulus check?

Having a balance due on you tax return does not affect whether you will receive a stimulus payment.  However, you will need to provide your direct deposit information to the IRS to receive your payment faster.  Otherwise you will get a check in the mail.

Soon there will be a tool available through the IRS site link below that will allow you to check the status of your stimulus payment and update your direct deposit information.  It is called Get My Payment.

Use the following links to keep up with the latest developments:

IRS -- Economic Impact Payments

TurboTax Corona Virus Tax Center

@ramon2

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
ramon2

But I filled with TurboTax direct deposit to my bank account. So will I get the stimulus direct deposit? 

HelenC12
Expert Alumni

Yes, you'll automatically have your stimulus payment deposited in your account since you provided direct deposit information on your income tax return. 

You can visit the following links for the most recent updates:

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies