turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I filed my tax return 13 weeks ago, and it still says they can't find my return on IRS website!!!

I filed my tax return 13 weeks ago now. When I go on the IRS "Where's my Refund" tool it still says it doesn't exist. 

I called and got through to someone on the phone on week 8 and they put me on a long hold and said they in fact have it. The lady said it should show received in a few days and I should receive refund in a few weeks. 

It has now been 5 weeks since then, it still does not say received, and nothing is happening. 

What is going on? Anyone else in same boat? I am livid because Turbo Tax made me mail it in, I would have filed electronically if I would have known this was going to happen. I have mailed in returns in the past and this has never happened.

A lot of us RELY on that tax return to get through. At the rate this is going I won't be getting it until next year.

Anyone else having same issue?

Can I just file electronically an amended return? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

I filed my tax return 13 weeks ago, and it still says they can't find my return on IRS website!!!

If TT said you had to mail in the return then you were not eligible for efiling  AND  you cannot amend a return that has not been fully processed (and you cannot efile a 1040X because  the original return was not efiled)   SOOOO   all you can do is wait for the paper return to be processed which will take much longer this year to do as the IRS is short on human manpower and overwhelmed with tasks so they are millions of returns behind in processing.  

Irenemaebg
Returning Member

I have the same experience, when i try to track my refund it says it doesn’t exist. I dont know what to do. I filed via mail as well

Did you mail in the return to the correct address for your state as indicated on the filing instruction page?  If you have a state did you mail them in separately as directed?    If so all you can do is check the IRS & state sites once a week until you see progress.

Check your refund stratus here:
https://www.irs.gov/refunds

Check your state refund here:
https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899433-how-do-i-track-my-state-refund

I only filed by mail because of one of the refunds I opted in for. It was the self-employment covid refund. I would have just said screw it if I would have known that extra $350 meant not getting ANYTHING. Turbo tax could have warned people!!!  So, no I didn't have to mail, and if they would have said mailing it in would have an indefinite wait I wouldn't have done it. 

Also, what I don't get is how are people getting refunds on their unemployment tax after they already received their refunds when the IRS hasn't even got to other people's first refunds? How is that possible???

Yes, of course It is the right address, the lady on the phone said they had it but it just isn't showing.... my state says they got it. 

So, there is no end in sight for federal. So there is no law that states they have a maximum time to get it to you. There are only laws protecting them. I'm required to file by a certain date, but getting my money to me, it's like too bad. I am so sick of this double standard crap.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies