turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Does the irs approve refunds or update returns on weekends?

Me too. Filed January 30, Accepted January 31, irs only says return is accepted, nothing else, no approval or direct deposit date, ours was a basic return, just with income, no special forms

Hang in there, you still have some time. Even tho it was a basic return with no earned income credit, the IRS makes you wait 21 days regardless. So 21 days from being accepted if what you need to wait. They won’t help you at all if you call before the 21. It sucks, but that’s how it is. Give it a few mores days, you should see something. 

Thanks, was curious because I saw on the tax refund chart https://themilitarywallet.com/irs-federal-tax-refund-schedule/ that returns accepted by Feb 2 should be direct deposited by February 10, so looks like that is not correct

Updated: As of yesterday, February 8 the IRS status was updated to approved and gave a direct deposit date of February 12....

KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Please see the information below on dates and more information about refunds. Returns filed with the CTC tax credit may take a little longer to process:

https://www.cpapracticeadvisor.com/tax-compliance/news/21123770/chart-shows-estimated-irs-income-tax...

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Updated info as of 2/09 IRS second bar with DDD of 2/12. I was also able to look at my account tax forms as well

robrich33

Hi I filed Jan 27 19 and got accepted the same day with 1 child and head of household. I called to request tax transcripts for 2019 I was able to request it. But I dont see anything approved on wmr . So if I was able to get the 2019 tax transcript, does it means approved?  Can anyone let me know more about it?

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

No. According to the IRS tax transcript is only used to validate past income and tax filing status for mortgage, student and small business loan applications and to help with tax preparation.

Plus, you may not see anything in WMR while your return is being processed and that can be normal.

Please see the article below for more information.

Is it true that ordering a transcript will tell me when my refund is coming?

Here's more information about an accepted return.    

What does accepted mean?   

@robrich33

If you can view your 2019 transcript, goto your “Account Transcript”. The 3-digit code you’re looking for is 846, which is “Refund Issued”. If not, check out your cycle code to see which week and day your return is currently scheduled to update on. You can Google 2020 IRS cycle codes to see where you stand. People’s returns should be updating this week, assuming your return has no other issues. Good luck!!!

JILLY44

I was accepted by the irs on Wednesday February 12th and have not heard anything.  How long does it take to be approved?

JILLY44

Yes

AshleyLO
Intuit Alumni

@JILLY44 Please see the following TurboTax FAQ for assistance with when you can expect your return to be approved: https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/return-status/help/my-return-is-accepted-but-still-not-approved-is...

Hello if I go on the site of that bank I know you posted this last year will it let me know if they received it is it active is it right

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

You can go to Turbo Visa Debit Card Website.or click here for the TurboTax Visa Debit Card phone number and don't choose option 2, it will repeat a few times then you will get more options. 

YES!!!  Ive been checking my status daily and even a couple times a day and the WMR actually tells you when you've exceeded the attempts to check as you only need to check once. Amyway I checked yesterday - Friday and it still said your refund has been received and is processing. Well today its Saturday and the bars on top with two of three highlighted and under it says:

Your tax refund is scheduled to be sent to your bank by February 26, 2020. If your refund is not credited to your account by March 2, 2020, check with your bank to see if it has been received.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies