• Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jonnydwolf
Level 1

I filed an amended state return, and on the TurboTax instructions, says to attach "Copy 1" of my W-2 form. I look at my W-2s and there are only 2 "Copy 2"s. "Copy 2" ok?

Does it matter if I submit "Copy 2" with my state return, even though TurboTax instructions state, "Copy 1"?  Just trying to use my bureaucratic thinking cap :-).
3 Replies
JeffreyR77
Expert Alumni

I filed an amended state return, and on the TurboTax instructions, says to attach "Copy 1" of my W-2 form. I look at my W-2s and there are only 2 "Copy 2"s. "Copy 2" ok?

Copy 2 is for another city, state or locality.  The state will  be able to handle it.

jonnydwolf
Level 1

No stapling or paperclips? TurboTax states, "Attach ... to the front of your Form 40". Just put the W-2 on the front? Sorry, I am used to e-filing.  Appreciate the help.

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

It's ok to staple them in the proper order.

Here's information on how to print and mail your return.

How do I print and mail my return in TurboTax Online...

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v