Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I e-filed both my returns on March 30th. I received my federal refund in 10 days. I'm still waiting for my Georgia refund. Why up to 90 days to get processed? Insane.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies

I e-filed both my returns on March 30th. I received my federal refund in 10 days. I'm still waiting for my Georgia refund. Why up to 90 days to get processed? Insane.

Federal and state refunds come from completely separate entities,  There is no rule as to which one will come first or how much time there will be between their arrivals.

STATE RETURN

Make sure your state return was accepted:  https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/

To track your state refund:    

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899433-how-do-i-track-my-state-refund

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/state-taxes/help/how-do-i-contact-my-state-department-of-revenue/0...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

I realize they are separate entities, and of course both returns were accepted.  I should've clarified that in my comment.  There is no excuse for any state to sit on a refund for 90 days when it was e-filed, accepted, and no errors.   I guess this is just venting as there really is nothing that can be done until I get past the 90 day mark and have not received it.

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

Please see the link below.

Georgia refunds

Georgia does say it could take up to 90 days to process your return and issue a refund. 

You can also sign up for updates directly with them.

How to sign up for updates from GA

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

UPDATE:  It is now July 4th.   Still no Georgia refund direct deposited!  90 business days would be ~ Aug 3rd.   But this is the LONGEST I have ever waited for a state tax refund that was e-filed and accepted almost immediately around March 30th.   "Where's My Refund?" page continues to say "your return has been accepted and currently being processed."  No sense calling the DOR about this, but it is mind-boggling that it is taking this long this year, despite what I've heard about them being "overwhelmed."  They are sitting on my taxpayer dollars.  And nothing I can do  until after the 90 business days is reached.   I know my return was accurate and I am guessing that the way Georgia is handling the COVID legislation around certain benefits is what s causing the  delay!

Did you ask GA what is taking so long ?     https://dor.georgia.gov/wheres-my-refund

I have not.  I did set up online access and can see that my return seems to have been processed but still showing a refund balance per my return since they haven't direct deposited it yet.  I think I'll give them a call this week to see what the holdup is.  I was told to wait for 90 business days which is ridiculously long.

Some states and the fed are taking much longer this year.  

Yes I have been told.  However, this is the longest I have ever waited for a state refund  and of course the state is just holding my cash and earning interest on it 🙂   Thx for responding.   I may just call them anyway and let them give me the official "it hasn't been 90 business days" statement!  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies