Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I didn't receive 2nd Stimulus in 2020. It came in January 2021. Left it blank on 2020 tax form. Is IRS expecting me to list on my 2020 return?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I didn't receive 2nd Stimulus in 2020. It came in January 2021. Left it blank on 2020 tax form. Is IRS expecting me to list on my 2020 return?

Yes. Include that on your 2020 return. 

gpcram
Returning Member

What if tax return already e-filed and I am awaiting the IRS acceptance notification? What do I do with the stimulus check I received?

The IRS will correct your mistake automatically ... there is NOTHING you can or need to do if you have already filed a return.

Can I change my return if I already submitted it and you’re holding it until the IRS opens?

No. Once you submit your return, it’s considered to be in pending status. We’ll hold all returns submitted before the IRS opens and submit them when the IRS is open.  Processing of returns is expected to start on or about 2/12 however some returns may be pulled earlier in test batches so watch your email for alerts. 

Once the IRS either accepts or rejects your return:

• If your return is accepted: If you want to change your return, you’ll need to amend it AFTER the original return has fully processed an you have the original refund in hand or have paid the original balance due.
  • If your return is rejected: We'll send you an email to notify you, along with instructions on what to do. You can then open your return and make any changes you would like. Just be sure to fix the reason the return was rejected as well.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies