turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I contracted 3 workers last year for whom I need to complete 1099 Misc for their 2020 returns. And I need to complete the transmittal letter. Where do I find the forms ?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

I contracted 3 workers last year for whom I need to complete 1099 Misc for their 2020 returns. And I need to complete the transmittal letter. Where do I find the forms ?

You can create the forms by following the instructions here

If you need additional assistance, please click here to contact customer service. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

That answer did not help. I have been following those instructions. You have a bug in your program because it takes you to a page that has nothing to do with 1099-NEC forms

What version are you using?  The Online Self Employed version or the Desktop Home & Business program?  And Windows or Mac?  That link takes you to the right places.

Starting in 2020 they added a new 1099NEC form to replace the 1099Misc.  If you are using the Online Self Employed version or Desktop Home & Business program or Business program you can use Turbo Tax.

For Online Self Employed version,

Scroll down to Your Account and click on Show

Click on Create W-2s and 1099s

In your return, Anywhere on any screen you see....

Help me prepare and file W-2s and 1099s

Click on it and the side box will open, Then click on Quick Employer Formsin the side box.

Or from the Account Screen it will take you directly to Quick Employer Forms

See my answer with screen shots at the very end of this thread

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/business-taxes/discussion/can-i-use-quick-employer-forms-with-turb...

Nope. When I click on Quick Employer Form in the side box, it takes me to a page to sell me the Business edition. I do not need the business edition. This is a sole proprietorship and I use the Home & Business (now called Self Employed) edition. Have been using it for over a dozen years for this same tiny business. When I talked on the phone to a previous customer service rep, they admitted there was a bug in the link and it did not take you to the right page. I am on a MacBook Pro. Nothing you suggest takes me to Quick Employer Forms. I have been trying for several days to get this resolved. Not a happy camper.

I did two new things:

1) I entered it from a different link - one that you suggested 

Scroll down to Your Account and click on Show

Click on Create W-2s and 1099s

(I had been entering it from the Schedule C page and that link is the one that does not work.)

2) I logged off and then logged back on.

Between those two solutions, voila, it took me to the Quick Employer Forms page. Gracias!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies