turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I checked my refund status, and it says "still being processed a refund date will be provided when available" . Does anybody else have the same still processing message?

We filed in March and ours still shows the still processing message.  We also received the letter from the IRS stating they needed an additional 60 days.  Our 60 days from the date of the letter will be up next week.   It's definitely not a Turbo Tax issue.  We have relatives that filed with other companies, and they too have not received their refunds.  This mess is putting a lot of people in a financial bind.     

katkil72

I checked my refund status, and it says "still being processed a refund date will be provided when available" . Does anybody else have the same still processing message?

What was the outcome with your return.  I filed mine recently and at first it showed the little time line thing and now it just says my refund is still being processed and a date will be provided when available.

Slimfran
Returning Member

I am happy for you because you receive your taxes but I am still waiting 

Slimfran
Returning Member

That what mind say the same thing 

Still processing accepted in January. It said wait another 60 days. In June I got this letter. I also filed with TurboTax.

Yes.

I finally got my refund.  It took almost 5 months and a call to the IRS.  I think my return was in some kind of limbo state - when I called and the rep looked at it, he didn't understand why it hadn't been processed, but he put a "referral" on it to be looked at.  He said that could take another 60 days, which didn't make me feel comfortable at all, since I had already been waiting 4 months.  But it "only" took another 4 weeks, so 5 months total.  I really think if I hadn't called, my refund would still be in limbo.  Funny, I couldn't find the phone number anywhere on the IRS web site - I got it here from a helpful soul - thank you @mesquitebean

In case you are in the same boat, the phone number is [phone number removed].

For some reason, this website is removing the phone # from my post.  It is listed a couple of times earlier in this thread.

Mine was accepted in February. Got a letter in March saying to call the IRS called and verified it was me. The lady then gave another number to call if I don’t receive it in 45 days. I called that number but never got through to a person. It still says being processed. 

Whaleypa

I’m having same issue still as of 8/20/2019 and after hours trying to get someone on the phone about it my call gets dropped on  the first transfer. 

rdmr16

I filed my taxes back in, 

Feb. 28, 2019

checked my status a billion times still say the same thing "still being processed"

I called IRS they tell me the same thing "still being processed" 

I am getting worried 😕

Tia07

I filed Texas and February 14th and every time I go online to check it keep saying being processed and now it's all the way in July the 26 2019 does anybody have any idea how much longer will it take the first time I had to verify it was me I went to the office and did that then they wrote me and told me I had to wait 60 days they was waiting for something for my employer I did that I call they end up  a request  and I have to wait another 60 days my time is up September 8th can someone give me some kind of suggestions .

milss

I’m tired of waiting for my refund then calling the IRS and just getting an automated system I got my state taxes the second week it was being processed now my federal which is way more is taking longer which I get but it’s been over a month and some odd weeks! And I seen everyone has been waiting for a very very long time. I too will not be using turbo tax again

@milss Only the IRS and your State control when and if a Federal or State tax refund is Approved and Issued.

Contact a Taxpayer Advocate in your area. See this IRS website for Taxpayer Advocate in your area and a toll free number - http://www.irs.gov/Advocate/Local-Taxpayer-Advocate

@milss wrote:

"...calling the IRS and just getting an automated system."

The steps to navigate through the IRS phone tree to reach a live IRS agent have been provided at least a couple of times earlier in this thread.  Here they are again:

800-829-1040 (7AM-7 PM local time) Monday-Friday

When calling the IRS do not choose the first choice re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.

• First choose your language.  Then listen to each menu before making the selection.
  • Then press 2 for "personal income tax".
  • Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".  
  • Then press 3 "for all other questions."
  • Then press 2 "for all other questions." 
  • It may then ask for your SSN, but do not enter it.  Just wait.    If it asks for SSN a second time, still do not enter it.
  • Then you'll get another menu.  Choose 2 for "personal" then you should be transferred to a live agent.

DoninGA has also left you info on contacting the IRS Taxpayer Advocate Service.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies