turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I bought the download Premiun Turbo Tax. When I tried to e-file I am being charged $44.99 for Audit defense. I did not request Audit Defense?

How do I remove the charge for Audit Defense
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

I bought the download Premiun Turbo Tax. When I tried to e-file I am being charged $44.99 for Audit defense. I did not request Audit Defense?

Are you in California?  That is part of the Refund Processing Service charge if you want the state efile fee deducted from your refund. So pay with a credit card or print and mail the state return to avoid the fees.

Go back through the File tab slowly and watch the screens and be careful what you click on.  There is one screen that can trip you up.  I think people get going too fast at the end to file and don't pay attention to what they are clicking on to continue.

Watch for this screen.

RTF Desktop.jpg

Egaytan58

so how i delete audit defense charges

edwashatka
Returning Member

I bought the download Premium Turbo Tax. When I tried to e-file I am being charged $44.99 for Audit defense. I did not request Audit Defense?

edwashatka
Returning Member

I bought the download Premium Turbo Tax. When I tried to e-file I am being charged $44.99 fee for federal filing.  Federal filing is supposed to be free. 

I did not request Audit Defense.

This fee is in addition to the $25 state filing fee. 

Are you in California?  You must have selected the $25 state efile fee to be deducted from your federal refund. Go back through the File tab and change to credit card.  See my screen shot above.

If you are in California you need to remove the Premium Service first

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/downgrading/help/how-do-i-remove-premium-services/00/26266

I already pay $25 for CA e-filing fee with my credit card. and my Federal e-file is rejected due to input wrong 2019 AGI.

I corrected it and going to e-file again.... then I can't go on without paying the Audit Defense

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

No.  There is an option to remove it at the bottom of the offer.

To remove Audit Defense from the order you need to click on File at the top of the desktop program screen.  Click on File a Return or Continue.  Go through the steps of the File section until you arrive on the Payment screen.  Under the price for Audit Defense click on the blue Remove link.

TTD Audit Defense Remove.JPG

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies