Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I applied for the refund advance and now my return has been accepted, but I haven't received anything regarding the advance.

Yes I received CTC and ACTC last year. It is ridiculous for them to not notify people. Credit Karma uses a bank called MVBbank, Inc so CK isn’t the actual bank. And the refund loan comes from First Century Bank. I don’t have any info for them but maybe google it and contact them. Hope that helps 

I applied for the refund advance and now my return has been accepted, but I haven't received anything regarding the advance.

@Lexi2233 @sydney3897 @coolmom87 

Go on twitter and blast them all over social media. I just spent another hour on the phone with a TT representative and they of course told me to contact Credit Karma because they are the ones “holding the bag”. Make sure to go to Morgan & Morgan attorneys website and request that they help us with the class action lawsuit. The more people that speak up and don’t politely eat the $hit they’re trying to serve us the better. 

Talking to TT and CK representatives is a complete waste of time. But like I mentioned I’m not sure if you guys would even want your tax refund going to CK account. I’ve read multiple reviews about the debit card being declined all the time and accounts being on hold. I can’t even link my external accounts to move the funds around. Looks like a lot of people tax funds where stuck in their CK accounts. 

Yes, i am feeling the same way. This whole thing is a joke. Mine got accepted by turbotax and irs jan 27th and still nothing on refund advance. As many others have stated, I got that error message when I was about to finish filing with the refund advance option so i logged out, went back in and did my regular filing option which is direct deposit to my wells fargo account and all went through fine. I called today and found out that because I did that only my refund advance is going to my credit karma spend account while the rest is going to my wells fargo account; thats fine, I dont mind, but i still don’t understand why the refund advance has not been processed. One thing i noticed is my federal refund appears as “pending” in credit karma although turbotax and IRS accepted it the same day I filed (han 27th), I’m assuming this is probably the reason the advance hasn’t gone through but question is…what is credit karma doing not updating this crucial information?. My federal tax was accepted DAYS ago so I dont get it. It’s almost as if they don’t want to give out that advance because my state taxes got accepted TWO days AFTER my federal and credit karma updated that in seconds…i honestly dont get it and it’s frustrating that absolutely nobody at Credit Karma or Turbotax has answers. Ive been going in circles since this morning and they just keep transferring me back and forth from credit karma to turbotax. Im on the phone with Credit Karma as Im typing this and the lady literally just asked me to keep waiting for that advance, I said absolutely not. Im going to need someone to give me answers because if the irs accepted this January 27th why on earth has it not been updated on your end. I really think credit karma and turbotax came up with this “refund advance” idea just to get people to open up a spend account with them. This is ridiculous. 

I believe they did the refund advance just to get people to sign up with Credit Karma as well! But I’m confused on how they told you only the refund advance will go to your CK and the actual tax refund going to your regular bank. One of the requirements to be approved for the loan is to have all of your federal tax refund go to the CK account. Because that’s how they will get their money back. 

Regardless of when I get my full refund or even the advance, guaranteed I’m closin that account right after I withdraw every penny 

I'm not sure which one you're replying to but I did not get an email. I got through to someone at 2 o'clock in the morning at at credit karma and they told me I had been approved. And that I should just wait a few more days and I would get it. Was very unconcerned that I was upset about this period and then transfer me to turbotax...

@Venissa @Hello can I get the number that you talked to someone I’m having some issues to and I need to know please

I'm experiencing the exact same thing..dates an times as yours are the same. Turbo tax claims they don't have anything to do with it once its excepted it..credit karma says call Turbo tax. I've never had any problems before now this is just a confusing run around game at this point.

@jazzydomo   Yes, it’s been a long week of back and forth to say the least. Extremely exhausting and stressful. 

If it's been more than three days we're not going to get it if it goes for more than a week that forget about it just wait till 21 days are up and get your refund should of just went to hr block for a advance 

Of course.  [phone number removed]  Just know they will give you the run around and try to pass you off to the other one.. no matter which one you're talking to. This is to credit karma and you will have a wait but they eventually put you through.  The automated system will ask you a series of questions and then then say if there's nothing further needed that she's going to hang up and that's when you say ...I want to speak to a person ..and she (it) will transfer you.   Good luck. I hope it works out for you!

They removed the number I typed. What do I do now?

TurboTax told me that they had checked my info before I joined credit karma and stated that I was approved!! False advertising!!

Ive Talked to TT, and the banks. They are all pointing the figure at each other. Someone start a Facebook group so we can file a massive class action together. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies