Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I applied for the refund advance and now my return has been accepted, but I haven't received anything regarding the advance.

So. When you call turbo they should be able to give you a status. Approved (or pending), denied or neither. If you're neither like me, it means somehow your paperwork wasn't submitted. If that's the case, you're not getting the advance. There's no way to go back and get a second chance. You just aren't getting it. To clarify, if you call first choice and they say they do not have an account for you... The paperwork wasn't submitted. It's not turbo taxes fault. It's credit karma. THEY are in charge of the money. Turbo is in charge of the taxes. I've spoke to each different company. And if you've not received your advance yet and you applied days ago, you're not getting it. If you're trying to do any lawsuit, it would be credit karma. Yes, technically they're one in the same in that they're partnered, but they are not the same. Anyhow. I just figured I'd offer some answers. Lastly, if you do not have an email from

[email address removed] in your inbox (double check your junk mail), you won't be getting an advance because your paperwork was never submitted to the bank. Sorry. And crossing fingers for a speedy refund. 

I applied for the refund advance and now my return has been accepted, but I haven't received anything regarding the advance.

[removed] (connect it)

@Bradest93 thats why you got the refund advance bc you didn’t claim ACTC or EITC. I already said FIRST CENTURY BANK automatically denies you the refund advance if you claim ACTC OR EITC. I know this because First Century Bank denied me the advance on the 1/23/2022 my federal return wasn’t even accepted until 1/24/2022 so how is it even possible to deny me when the IRS hasn’t even accepted the return??

Yeah of course. If you got the earned income tax credit the irs has to stop and do a little bit more work to the ones that received it bc that money was not free. That money I heard was to be paid back tax time. So all that money everyone got from the earned income tax credit will have to pay some of not all back. That’s what everyone was failing to realize. That wasn’t free money.

Same here. It done the same thang to me.

Same here. I filed with turbo 3 years in a roll. My refund every year gets smaller. I make the same in the last 3 years

Yes I been calling credit karma still no reply. I filed Jan 27 said I was approved nothing so far

They want apply to your answer. I been calling noone will tell you anything. It makes me very suspicious  also

@Batydeb  Shoot they gave me a choice if I wanted to use this years or 2019s bc I made more in 2019 and I did and it gave me and extra $500 towards my taxes this year.

@Bradest93 turbo tax automatically deducts it when you put the number in while filing so it has nothing to do with that. It shouldn’t be flagged when they already deduct it before you hit submit and I tried it both ways and my return was $1500 more without ACTC OR EITC. 

@Bradest93 @And I knew it wasn’t free money I just chose to use it when I actually needed it not when they give it to me at tax time so idk what exactly your point is on the free money. That wasn’t what the post was for.

If your talking about the child tax credit people received monthly last year you’re wrong. I know, I received it and have done my taxes and received the advance. It does not have to be paid back

@JessieMM @That’s funny they deducted it from my refund as soon as I put it in……as I stated previously, I did it both ways before submitting and without the CTC my refund was $1500 more that with the CTC.

I applied for the refund advance loan on 1/31 9:57 pm and it was accepted by irs 2/1 at 12:15am. I had the refund loan in my credit karma account by 4am when I woke up. Said that to let people know it I isn’t a scam or anything. From my understanding the loan isn’t coming from credit karma it’s coming from some First Century bank. But since then I’ve been trying to link my other bank to my Credit Karma account to transfer some funds and I can’t. I have been able to use a digital card CK gave me. But upon reading reviews for CK account I’m not sure this was a good idea. 

@coolmom87  **bleep** Friday will be two weeks for me. Did you have ACTC or CTC? I do know who to talk to this is crazy!!!!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies