Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mmk0820

I am trying to amend my 2017 taxes and I don't know which computer I filed them on a pc or a mac. Are you able to see this as they were filed through turbo tax.

How can I see what computer my 2017 taxes were filed from?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I am trying to amend my 2017 taxes and I don't know which computer I filed them on a pc or a mac. Are you able to see this as they were filed through turbo tax.

If you use the desktop version of Turbotax installed on your own Mac or PC, you are responsible for keeping backup copies of your data.  Turbotax does not retain information about your tax data file. 

No.  TurboTax would not have that type of information.

Look on the computer in the Documents directory.  If there is a TurboTax folder that is populated with tax data with 2017 files, that is the one that was used.

Did you use the Desktop installed version or the Online web version?  For online it doesn't matter which computer you used.  If you used the Desktop program you need to have the file ending in .tax2017 to amend and the 2017 program installed.  Don't you still have your computer from back then?  If you have the .tax2017 file you can use either Mac or Windows to amend it.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies