turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

sdmgroup1

I already filed my federal tax return and p[aid with refund. Can I file my california state return and pay ?

I need to file my California State Income Tax return but I already filed my federal tax return and turbo tax will not let me file?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I already filed my federal tax return and p[aid with refund. Can I file my california state return and pay ?

If you mean can the CA fee be taken from the CA refund the answer is NO.  The TT fees can only be withheld from a federal refund and you have already filed the fed return so that option is off the table.  You will need to pay the TT fees before you file ... you are being stopped in Step 1 of the FILE tab for this payment. 

Has your federal return been Accepted?   If you didn't file state at the same time as federal you have to wait for federal to be Accepted first to file state.

How to efile state after federal
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/e-file/help/how-do-i-e-file-my-state-after-i-already-filed-my-fede...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies