turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Brooke83

Husbands info

I didn’t input my husbands driver license info and I didn’t upload a photo of my husbands W-2. Is this going to affect our return? Is there a way we can go into our return and update the info?

thanks!

Brooke Zeeb Tollefson

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Husbands info

Did you file yet?  Did you manually enter his W2 or is it completely missing off the return?

If you actually submitted and filed then you have to wait until the IRS starts taking returns on Jan 27 and see if it is Accepted or Rejected. If it Rejects you can add the missing info and resend it. BUT if it is Accepted then you will have to wait until February 5 to fill out an Amended Return 1040X. So if you have filed DO NOT enter anything else into your return until you find out if you have to amend.

Again DO NOT CHANGE or enter anything into your return if you already filed. You will have to start the Amended return with the original return that was filed.

You can check your efiling status here,

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/

How to amend an Online return

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/amending/help/how-do-i-amend-my-turbotax-online-return/00/27577

Brooke83

Husbands info

Yes I filed yesterday, but I skipped the part that asked for my husbands license info because I didn’t have it at the time, thinking it would bring me back to that part before I filed. 
I manually put in my husbands W-2 info, but I thought the IRS wanted a photo of it? I could be wrong.

thanks!

Brooke

Husbands info

As long as the W2 got entered either way.  If you didn't enter the License Info it might reject.  Then you fix it and resend it.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies