Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

rjahusrn

How long until state tax in California is accepted after e-file? My federal tax just got accepted. In the past, both were typically accepted on the same day. Thank you.

Im not sure if there is a delay this year. But from previous years state returns normally are accepted immediately following federal.

Thank you!
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies
TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

How long until state tax in California is accepted after e-file? My federal tax just got accepted. In the past, both were typically accepted on the same day. Thank you.

Sometimes state returns stay in Pending for several days or even longer, especially with the IRS filing delay and backlog this tax season. 

Please click What does "Pending" mean? to learn more. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Please let me know what your outcome is. I am having the same issue with my CA state return stuck in pending status. My friend filed his via Turbotax just yesterday and both his fed/state was accepted immediately within the hour. I believe there might be some sort of early file error within Turbo Tax for the users who filed too early. My 8+ years of using turbotax and never once have I had this issue. The one time I accidently file too early (didn't know IRS wasn't accepting returns yet), I get this issue. =( 

Can Turbotax explain why my friend who filed with Turbotax just yesterday 2/15/21 got his fed/state return accepted immediately the same day, but the poster's and myself state taxes are still in pending status? Wouldn't it make sense that my friend's state taxes would be placed behind our's in line to process if there was some sort of state delay?

I am leaning on a turbotax error here and just want answers please. 

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Every customers situation is different, so not every return is accepted in the same amount of time. 

We are unable to see the return to know the situation here in this public forum. 

Please click here to speak with a member of customer support for one on one assistance. 

Thanks Carissa.

If I call in, can the Turbotax rep give me a confirmation transmittal number of some type to show my state taxes were in fact transmitted? 

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

You can track the status online here, in case you did not want to call in and wait (as it is often a wait). 

They will be able to assist in helping with the status, however I do not know if they will have a transmittal number. 

rjahusrn

Thank you! I was thinking that was the reason behind it. I just needed to make sure I did this right. Thank you again for responding!

rjahusrn

Hello Jason! Just circling back to this everyone who responded to this post. I actually did just get an email indicating my California income tax return as been accepted. I have yet to try and track it, but I am relieved that it has finally moved forward. I am hoping yours have a good outcome also. 

rjahusrn

Thank you Carissa! Appreciate all the helpful advise. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies