turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

nelson30

How long does take to recieved your ip pin after it was re issued. I hope not 21 days.Has anyone actually called to have record issued

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
AnthonyJ

How long does take to recieved your ip pin after it was re issued. I hope not 21 days.Has anyone actually called to have record issued

If you requested that the IRS mail you the new IP PIN, the estimated wait time is 21 days.

You are also able to retrieve your IP PIN online at the IRS's Get an IP PIN site.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
AnthonyJ

If you requested that the IRS mail you the new IP PIN, the estimated wait time is 21 days.

You are also able to retrieve your IP PIN online at the IRS's Get an IP PIN site.

Shekierra

I’m trying to get my ip pin or this year

BrandiLO
Intuit Alumni

For steps on how to get your IP-PIN, please click here

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I just received mine this morning and efiled... I reorded it the 6th of February.. it didn't take the whole 21 days for me... Now I'm just hoping there is no more issues with them being accepted

Vljames02
Returning Member

I have called, tried to chat, and followed all the directions on the IRS site, but to no avail. I received the same 21 day turnaround if I choose the receive it in the mail.

Vljames02
Returning Member

I've been on the IRS site since 12:00 this afternoon, and still, I get the same instructions that won't let you fill in anything accept the Tax 1040 form. I can't get through even for the 21 day offer to receive the ID.

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

Refer to the following IRS webpage for instructions on retrieving your IP PIN or registering for a new one:  Get An Identity Protection PIN (IP PIN)

I don't know why the Turbo Tax experts who post here don't know that the IRS website to request a PIN has been down for who knows how long.  It doesn't work.  Just tells you that "A technical problem has occurred", and to try later It's been doint that for at least all of this week.  And of course, the phone # the IRS list to call to request it has also not been answered for at least the same amount of time. 

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

@LWSOLOM Unfortunately, IRS live phone assistance is not available at this time.  The IRS has not released a date when they will begin accepting phone calls again.  I suggest continuing to check the website.  Hopefully the technical issue will be resolved soon and you can once again request an IP PIN via the IRS website.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies