turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

How long does it take for the irs to accept a return?

Hey. They finally accepted me after 4 days. I just heard the IRS is just moving slower this year

SpaCesugs
Returning Member

I filed back on July 15 2020 and been checking on the status of my refund and nothing. Called TurboTax customer service and irs only to get misdirected. First time filling.

@SpaCesugs wrote:

I filed back on July 15 2020 and been checking on the status of my refund and nothing. Called TurboTax customer service and irs only to get misdirected. First time filling.

Did you efile, or did you choose to print and mail the return?

If you efiled, you should double-check to be sure the return was efiled successfully and accepted.
If you used Online TurboTax, you can sign into your Online Account and check the efile status at the Tax Home.  What term is shown there--accepted, rejected, printed, started, ready to mail, or what?

If the status at the Tax Home shows that your efiled return was accepted, you can use the "Where's My Refund" tool at the IRS website below to monitor the status of your Federal refund.  
https://www.irs.gov/Refunds

NOTE: When using that tool, be sure to use the correct SSN and filing status.  For the refund amount, use only the Federal refund amount, and not any total refund amount that includes a state refund.
The amount to use is on your Federal Form 1040, Line 21a.

To track a state refund:
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refund-status/help/how-do-i-track-my-state-refund/00/25571

SpaCesugs
Returning Member

I filed online hoping it's filed and sent to irs. But its stated ready to mail. I been trying to get answers weather it's waiting for me to mail it or is it I. Process of mail.

Sorry but Printed or Ready to Mail means you have to actually print out your tax return and mail it to the IRS or state yourself.  So if you didn't mail it then it has not been filed yet.  And it will always say Ready to Mail.  Turbo Tax doesn’t know if or when you mailed it and the IRS doesn’t update Turbo Tax when they get your mailed return.    You can try to switch to efile.   Click on Add a State to let you back into your retun.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/e-file/help/how-do-i-change-from-mail-to-e-file-in-turbotax-online...

Crich91

Chill there’s no need to yell bruh 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies