turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

COVID Stimulus Payment:(Please allow people who used Turbocard to change our Payment method to avoid having our stimulus payments delayed by having to receive it by mailed check

And why does turbo tax not have the information? You pushed your turbocard product very aggressively to people. Now when you need to answer a simple question of - is our stimulus coming on our cards or can we change info through your tax software(which other software corps are doing) you are avoiding the ?
I have been a customer for almost 20 years- but I definitely will no longer be one- if someone cannot answer one freaking ? Without avoidance. Tired of the bs replies I see on this thread. 

COVID Stimulus Payment:(Please allow people who used Turbocard to change our Payment method to avoid having our stimulus payments delayed by having to receive it by mailed check

Ok ... TT doesn't get the refund or send it to your bank account or card  so you are asking the wrong company ... they only forward the information to the IRS who then sends the refund to the third party processing bank NOT TT.  The accounts at these banks are for ONE use only ... the receiving and distributing of the tax refunds and once the deed is done they are CLOSED.  The ability to re open millions of  these accounts  is yet to be known.  The ability to  re open the account so the stimulus check can be received and forwarded to the TT card or your bank account is currently UNKNOWN.   If they cannot reactivate the account then the IRS will have to mail the check to the address on your most current tax return.  

It is unfair for you to ask/demand/complain about something that NO ONE including the IRS and third party banks do not know themselves yet.  This stimulus check will not be issued for a couple of weeks yet so patience will be needed as the players involved with administering this new mandate have the time to "get the system in place".   Links to the IRS and the processing bank has been posted and as soon as they know what the system is going to be then THEY will post it ... TT has nothing to do with this process. 

And lastly ... you do know we are in the middle of a pandemic so many of the bank employees are not working right now so they will need some time to work out the logistics. Please be patient and understanding.

LOVE THIS! You think for loyal customers like you and I for the time we have someone would be able to freaking answer our questions during these turbulent times! I’m so over turbo tax as well having nothing but automatic machines to answer our calls... WHY can’t they have there paid employees ready right now to answers our questions! 

We cannot give you any answers yet because there  are NO answers to be had yet you nit ... no matter what your situation you need to take a chill pill and let the people who need to deal with this have a bit of time to work it out ... 

And before you complain I do NOT work for TT or any bank ... I am only passing along the most current information available. 

The details of the Stimulus payments have not been worked out yet. Once things are finalized we will be able to provide more guidance. In the meantime, you can visit the following links for the most recent updates:

IRS Coronavirus Tax Relief

TurboTax Corona Virus Tax Center Updates

Here is the SBTPG site … https://www.sbtpg.com/coronavirus-stimulus-payment-info/

You are wrong- the tt card has the ability to set up direct deposit for your paycheck and you can reload it at atms. It is not a one time use card- if it was I would be contacting the irs. The card is set up by turbo tax to work like a bank account. 
As you stated you do not work there- so it would probably be smart not to answer ?’s when you do not know sh...

My comment was regarding the multiple actual turbo tax people that are avoiding the ? When asked directly. Other tax software companies have already set up ways for people to get their money dd. 
no need to reply if you are a nobody- I was asking turbo tax. 

Basically, the pros don't know. I checked the papers that were filed. It does have the turbo card info on there (routing number and acct) so I'll just cross my fingers and hope it works out for the best. Turbo Tax should have responded to this in the blog posts they have put out. Next year, I'll make other arrangements. 

Ps. Which companies have it figured out already? 

Is there any news about whether or not the covid stimulus checks are going to be available on the turbo tax card. 

Where did you read this at?

You would find any new information by checking back to read the information at the link posted.  It's not simply our decision.  You cannot e-file a second return once you have one accepted.  It would be rejected by the IRS.  You'd have to file an amended return on paper and by mail.  It takes several weeks (generally around 6) typically for the IRS to process mailed amended returns, which wouldn't help you at all.  We all have to wait and see if the IRS is going to address this issue and how.

I am in the same exact boat! My turbo card is from 2018. I have moved. And the card is lost! Just need help on what I need to do, trying to be proactive!

Rude 101 a rep should not speak this way as if we are kids!!! 

secondly it’s your job to answer question may ALL HAVE!!

and finally WE ALL KNOW we are in a serious situation that’s why we are ALL asking how we are getting that stimulus payment BECUASE we need it!!

dang it’s it that hard to answer politely without the nonsense form you have been doing sense the 1st question!!

POINT BLANK PERIOD!!

The truth is no one knows ... keep watching the sites posted already ... the stimulus checks are not expected out for a couple of weeks or maybe a month so patience will be needed.  And all of the checks will NOT be sent all at once ... they will go out in batches like they did the other 2 times this happened.  The IRS doesn't have the personnel or the equipment to handle this volume AT THE SAME TIME they are processing millions of returns with a reduced workforce due to the virus.  So Patience please as everyone deals with this impossible situation.

Now a lesson on the debit card & the processing bank .... when you use the processing bank to withhold the TT fees from the fed refund you allow/direct the IRS to send your refund to the temporary account at the third party processing bank where the bank & TT fees are paid out and the balance is sent to either your bank account or debit card  OR  to a newly issue card.  The temp account number is what is printed on your form 1040 and is the account number the IRS has on file.  Once this transaction concludes the temp account at the processing bank is CLOSED permanently.  If you choose this option again next year then a NEW TEMP account is opened for this transaction ... anyone who has done this more than once can verify that there is a different account number  on the 1040 every year .

NOW ... what is in question is what path the stimulus checks will take IF you used a processing bank as the intermediary to receive your tax refund....

> Will the IRS mail  the checks directly to the taxpayer ? 

> Will the IRS try to DD them  to the processing bank and will the bank refuse them which means the IRS will have to convert to a mailed check to the address on the most current return filed?

> Will the processing bank figure out a way to reactivate the closed accounts for a second use in one tax year?

> What happens if the stimulus check arrives BEFORE the refund check ??  Will the processing bank know the difference ??  Will they take the fees from that check ??  Will they be able to process the refund that comes later ??

As you can see this is not just a simple situation that Congress has tasked the IRS and all these processing banks .... this is nothing anyone could have for seen  and time will be needed  to come up with and implement a system that will work during a global pandemic no less.  EVERYONE needs to be understanding and patient.  Don't plan on any money showing up at any time and just be thrilled when it does show up. 

Watch here for direct info from the bank TT uses :  https://www.sbtpg.com/coronavirus-stimulus-payment-info/

NOW what you CAN do to be proactive ... if the address on your most recently filed tax return is not correct then immediately mail in a form 8822 to update your address just in case the check must be mailed in ... it is an easy fill in the blank form your can then print and mail :    https://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc157

its been approved! Turbo customers need to know what to do if you used a turbo card to receive refund!

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

We are still waiting for the details for the stimulus; please stay updated through our link and the IRS link below.  

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus 

https://blog.turbotax.intuit.com/tax-news/is-the-tax-deadline-delayed-what-to-know-about-coronavirus...   

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

There is nothing you can do.

As a matter of security, and during the normal tax season, the IRS will not take requests to change the bank account for a direct deposit.  The only thing you can do is cancel the deposit and take a check instead, mailed to the address on your tax return.  Imagine your fury, if someone had called the IRS pretending to be you, and got them to change the bank account info so they could steal your refund.  

Why would it be any different now?  If the IRS took requests to change accounts, some scammer could call them with your name and SSN taken out of your trash can or an identity theft web site, and steal your stimulus.  

Bottom line is this is all in the hands of the IRS.  There is nothing you or Turbotax can do to change how you receive the stimulus money.  If the IRS decides to come up with a secure method of changing payment methods and account numbers, they have to do it.  

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies