turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

bpp123456

How do I delete the first (incorrect) W2 it put in? I see there's the option to delete the correct one I put in after that

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

How do I delete the first (incorrect) W2 it put in? I see there's the option to delete the correct one I put in after that

You can do that as long as you haven't already filed your tax return. Follow the steps below to delete a W2 in TurboTax:

1. In the left menu select Tax Tools.
  2. From the drop down menu choose Tools.
  3. From the pop up menu choose Delete a form.
  4. Scroll down to the W-2 and on the right side select Delete.
  5. Select Delete Selected Form.
  6. Select Continue

If you have filed you'll want to determine if the IRS has accepted your tax return. You can check your refund status here.  If they have accepted your return then you may need to amend your tax return. If your return was rejected, you can delete/correct the W2 and correct the reason for rejection and resubmit. You will receive an email from us on how to fix the return

Please see these TurboTax FAQ's for more information:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/amending/help/how-do-i-add-another-form-like-a-w-2-or-add-change-u...

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/amending/help/how-do-i-amend-my-turbotax-online-return/00/27577

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
bpp123456

I use the free version and there are no tax tools in the left menu. There is app settings, but there's no way to delete it from there

AshleyLO
Intuit Alumni

See the following TurboTax FAQ for assistance with deleting your W-2:  How do I delete a W-2?

These instructions should also work if you are using the TurboTax app. If you still are unable to delete it from the app, you may need to log-in to TurboTax Online on a desktop computer if you have access to one.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies