turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I change my entry I made for my first stimulus payment

I entered the wrong amount on my stimulus
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

If you've already submitted your return, you will not be able to go back. Provided the error was in your favor, I would not worry. Either way, the IRS will perform their own reconciliation and adjust accordingly. You will not have to do anything. If you have not yet submitted your return, then just go back to that section and make the necessary correction.

I cannot find this entry field. When it was waiting for the 2nd payment amount it would always show me the stimulus page. Since I have entered data there I cannot see it. I use the option to have TT show me all the options, but I never get to the stimulus page again. Ideas? 

@ahgemmell56 wrote:

I cannot find this entry field. When it was waiting for the 2nd payment amount it would always show me the stimulus page. Since I have entered data there I cannot see it. I use the option to have TT show me all the options, but I never get to the stimulus page again. Ideas? 

The stimulus questions are asked in the Federal Review section of the TurboTax program.  Any payment you were eligible to receive based on the 2020 Federal tax return but did not receive will be entered on the Federal tax return, Form 1040 Line 30 as a tax credit.  The credit is included in the federal tax refund or it will reduce the amount of federal taxes owed.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies