turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

faye43

How can I get advance on my 2019 tax refund

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

There has been no information regarding refund advances for 2019 returns.  Last year for 2018 returns, certain qualified users were offered refund advance amounts on prepaid Visas at the time of e-filing, predicated on the amount of the refund and their returns being accepted by the IRS.  But it had to be offered--there was no way to opt in by request.  So far there has been no word at all as to whether there will be a similar program for 2019 returns; if there is one, it would not become available until late January at the earliest.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Today is January 13th. I was able to efile my federal today (self employed). I was NOT able to file state yet (SC) forms are not ready. I was able to pay for filing fees for both federal qnd state through turbotax option to take fees from refund option. Also near the end I  was offered a $250 advance on a green dot card....adds a few more signature requirements.  I was emailed to set up my account for prepaid card with temporary card info to use online....however, if I get the $250 advance it will be AFTER the IRS accepts my return. They will begin accepting returns on Jan 27th I believe it was announced recently.  Since its 0 percent interest I decided to try the $250 advance. There are higher advances such as 500 1000 1500 and 2000. Not sure how they choose the amount they offer you. If anyone else has filed and gotten an advance offer please share your experience. I was not offered an advance for 2018 tax return.

meme0619

I was offered an advance also. They offered me $500 and I accepted. I also received the green dot turbo tax debit card in the mail today. The IRS accepted my return today. I read online that up to 48 hours after The IRS accepts your return that you will get the advance that you were approved for. I’m not sure if that information is accurate but I did read it on Turbo Tax site under FAQs. I’m hoping it comes soon since the IRS has accepted my refund. Hope that helps 

Hey did you claim any dependants ? Also what day did you file??

Thanks for the info!

meme0619

Hi! Yes I claimed a dependent. I also called turbo tax directly yesterday to be sure of this and how it works.  And I was told I was denied !! Even tho when I filed I was approved. Even signed the paperwork for the advance. I was told by turbo tax that it goes through a process after that to be approved and I wasn’t. No text message, phone call or email. I was just left with the impression I was approved. I’m praying that’s not the case for you ! If you want to check it out call them directly and they can let you know what to expect. 
thanks hope this helps 

Sorry to hear that! And good to know. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies