Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

How can I find out if my injured spouse claim was applied to my case. I mailed it in after my taxes were filed

No we haven't received ours yet. The IRS said for us to mail another one in cause we put the wrong date on ours. Since you mailed it certified mail, you need to count 8 weeks, not 45 days from the day the got it. They will not tell you anything about cause they're trained not to. The is a page on Facebook for us IS filers. I can give you the link if you like?

How can I find out if my injured spouse claim was applied to my case. I mailed it in after my taxes were filed

oh man! Yeah I sent the form in twice as well! So I’ll call in 8 weeks..so stressful waiting! Yes please if you could send the form! Thanks! 

I sent mine in certified it was delivered on 2/26. That is the day I was supposed to get my refund. It has been almost 5 weeks. As of this last thursday it has been missing. Yesturday I checked my transcripts and noticed my IS on them dated 2/27. Just not sure how much longer it will take with the US shutdown. I'm sure it will take longer with people closing everything down. 

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

The IRS is "continuing to process tax returns, issue refunds and help taxpayers to the greatest extent possible." Please refer to the following link for an update on what's happening.   

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/taxpayer-assistance-center-statement  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

@timacolorado 
What do you mean by “checked transcripts”?
I’d love the ability to even just confirm that they’ve actually got it!

I called the [phone number removed] (forget what options I selected) but I spoke to a live person who confirmed that they received my injured spouse form back in Feb and it was in a queue to be reviewed. God only knows when they'll actually review it. I'm guessing with the stimulus checks being processed, and the IRS being understaffed and inefficient  to begin with, we won't see our money for another six months. They should pay us interest!

This reply wasn't even remotely helpful. You essentially reitered stock language that doesn't even address the specific topic. 

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

No interest will be paid out. At least you know the IRS has your return and will process according to their own timeline, whatever that may be.

What number did you call? 

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

You can use the link provided below, scroll to the bottom and look under "Telephone and Local Assistance":

IRS Contact Support

We received interest last year because they held it so long but we had to file the interest as income on our taxes this year.  we have no idea if our form was even received this year.  Transcript has not been updated and cannot get a human on the phone. 

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

@frustratedrj2020 Unfortunately, with the IRS not accepting calls at this time, the only way to know for sure if it was received is if it was sent via certified mail. Continue to monitor your refund on the IRS Where’s My Federal Refund? site for updates. Updates are made daily, usually overnight.

The IRS also asks to check the site for many answers to your questions:

IRS Tax Season Refund Frequently Asked Questions

You can check your tax transcripts by going here https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

If it blanks that out just google tax transcripts. You have to set up an account and then you'll be able to see what's up with your taxes and if they got your form, etc.

Wcarmen3147
Returning Member

Omg I’m going through the same thing!!!! Have you heard anything yet?? Email me [email address removed] so maybe we can lead each other! I been so stressed I need mines too!

@Wcarmen3147 I haven’t received any news on my refund! I know they got my injured spouse form because I sent it certified mail, it says they got it March 3. Now I’m freaking out that they may take my stimulus money as well!! 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies