Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Wcarmen3147
Returning Member

How can I find out if my injured spouse claim was applied to my case. I mailed it in after my taxes were filed

Yes me too! I’m panicking big time like OMG I still have kids I hope they don’t penalize us for our husband’s debt! This Is crazy lots of people got their stimulus except for me. 

How can I find out if my injured spouse claim was applied to my case. I mailed it in after my taxes were filed

How do I read the tax transcript? It states they took my entire tax refund and put it to back child support but I don’t see anything on there that states I filed for the injured spouse..where would it say this? @gonzalezjp305 

@timacolorado where did you see the injured spouse on your transcript? I just got mine and can’t see on there anywhere..it states it took my tax refund but doesn’t state I filed for injured spouse and I did and sent it certified mail and they received it. 

You won't be penalized unless it's past due child support payments.

If they received it on March 3rd, then you have to wait eight weeks until they process it. So you have at least until approximately May 3rd, at the earliest. I'm past my eight weeks and still haven't heard anything. But the IRS website states you have to wait eight weeks if you submitted the Injured Spouse form AFTER you submitted you taxes. I believe it.s even longer if you submitted the form with your taxes.

@jreading1980 Grrr I’m so over waiting! This is ridiculous! You can’t call or get anyone on the phone to even let you know if they received the form. I’m so stressed! 

rajaneek

I was wandering what number you called to speak to someone at the irs during this time about an injured spouse claim. 

Barbi-68

The number listed for IRS to check status of injured spouse claim is just a recording now because of Covid-19. Is there another way to find out if IRS has received our injured spouse claim and when our refund will be released?

Nene357
Returning Member

Tim you can view your transcript online on the IRS website instead of sending for them you can view the latest status. If you have code 971 (form sent after taxed were filed or 570(filed with your taxes)your Injured spouse has been received.

@Nene357  should I be worried that mine doesn’t state that on my transcripts? Either of those numbers. I sent the form after I did my taxes on turbo tax. 

Nene357
Returning Member

Unfortunately it will be very close to the 8 weeks to see the code. Next  to the code you will see a date that will most likely be the date they will complete that step then you should get a code 846 that’s your refund issue date. You can check it  weekly to be sure or close to your 8 weeks. If it’s past the 8 weeks you should contact the IRS at the number listed in one of the previous post by the turbo tax team.  For more information about injured spouse go to home of the injured spouse form there’s  a lot of information there from other injured spouse filers.

@Nene357  Ok so just check my transcripts online at 8 weeks and it should change? I didn’t know they updated the transcripts. Will I have to ask for them online again or will they be under the account I went to before? 

Nene357
Returning Member

Yes you don’t have to request again just log in anytime using the same login information. It will be available year round for you to access.  You can check it before 8 weeks you might get lucky and see an update sooner but if you’re at the 8 week mark you probably should inquire about it.

@Nene357 Awesome! Thanks you’ve been very helpful! Fingers crossed 🤞 

Nene357
Returning Member

You’re welcome good luck.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies