turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Angie403

How can I delay my turbo tax fee auto debit ? I still haven't received my return and now TurboTax us gonna auto debit my account

I'm soooo pissseed right now... I will never use this website again!! I've used this site for the past 4  years, I don't know wtf happened but this year It was a flipping mess.. The irs contacted me needing info turbo tax left out. I had to take it to H&R Block and Pay them to correct everything.. I lost money cause turbo tax took money out of my bank account to pay for the **bleep** their tax program had hidden.. FIX Your Program .. Definitely not user friendly!!!!

How can I delay my turbo tax fee auto debit ? I still haven't received my return and now TurboTax us gonna auto debit my account

@Angie403 

Sorry you didn't ask for help here first ... you probably missed entering the 1095-A and got a letter for it which is a simple fix in the TT program.  

Same thing happened to me. And that $35 fee that they charge for this "service" is also lost and they keep it. Dam crooks. I'll never use turbotax again. 

vo9789

Hello i cannot pay my deluxe  fee at this time.  I'm  currently  layed off. Can the fee be taken  out from my stimulus  check? 

Hello i cannot pay my deluxe  fee at this time.  I'm  currently  layed off.  READ the instructions in the email to delay the debit. 

Can the fee be taken  out from my stimulus  check?  Most likely not ... those checks are not expected to go thru the third party bank at this time. 

What happens if the IRS reduces my refund to the point where it no longer covers my TurboTax fees?

If you get hit with a refund offset, what's left over might not be enough to cover your fees. Here's what happens next:

1. We'll send an email with instructions on how to pay your TurboTax fees (minus the Refund Processing fee, if any) by a certain date.
  2. If the fees remain unpaid by the specified date, we'll send two more followup emails asking that you either pay or request a deferment to prevent the fees from being automatically debited from your bank account.
  3. Finally, if you still haven't paid by the requested date, we’ll send a final email letting you know that we're debiting the fees (minus the Refund Processing fee, if any) and that the auto-debit process cannot be stopped.

The same sequence of events occurs if the IRS is still holding your refund 36 days after your original estimated refund date, except that we'll also debit the Refund Processing fee (if any) in Step 3.

Me too, never got mine and day 21 was March 2nd. Says tax topic 152 still processing. I called the IRS repeatedly, never got through, said call volume was too high and hung up on me. Then they closed. No I'm afraid I won't get the relief either because I haven't filed in a few years because I was a GI bill college student with non taxable income.  I have zero dollars and I'm out of work and terrified that once quarantine is lifted I'll be immediately evicted and my power will go out :(

How did you know you had to verify ID? I haven't filed in a few years because I was a GI bill college student with non taxable income, so I'm sure the IRS had no idea where I was. Well I filed February 10th, still have no refund, and haven't received anything. I figured if they wanted me to verify my identity then they would have sent me a letter after they received it and sent it to still processing hell. Do they send letters to the address on your return? Also how did you verify? I don't want to miss the relief because if I do I'll lose it all. I have zero bucks and can't work because covid, I have no way to pay this debt I'm incurring :(

Forrest710
Returning Member

There getting me the same way today they took every penny out of my account at a time like this now I'm 160 negative because 180 charge and my taxes are being audited because I claimed my gf and her kids that live with me 

I’ve gotten the same thing and here it is almost 60 days and now I’m being debitted for 90$ and no one can answer where my taxes are! 

My taxes still have not came an i got a message saying april 10 i will be debited 190 for the services 

This is exactly what happened to me!!

They did not ask for the 1095a form and my taxes were "accepted " but not approved then I got a letter saying I had to fill out an 8962 form and fax in the 1095a form. And they are trying to charge me 80$????? 

What a scam!! I will NEVER use them again!!I have used them for 8 years in a row and this it is! 

Of course they steal their money from you that you earned, irrespective if you get your own wages back. Get rich off the backs of the workers. They are pigs

If your refund was delayed the program sent you 3 warning emails with directions on how to get the payment delayed ... all you had to do is follow the instructions given.  Sorry if you didn't respond in time however the consequences was in the contract you had to agree to no less than 3 times. 

As to Intuit ... it is after all a public company with shareholders to appease and they DO allow millions to use the program free of charge so to stay in business they have to charge some users.

Now for future reference ... always check the IRS FREE FILE site to see if one of the 10 FREE FILE companies is right for you...  https://www.irs.gov/filing/free-file-do-your-federal-taxes-for-free

Critter, your disingenuous apology is even more condescending than your "let me educate you..." You miss the point, which I presume is either stupidity or intentional or a combination of both.

The issue is hidden charges being assessed against people in a time when literally every cent matters.

It is unfortunate you haven't the ability to muster any level of compassion and instead defend the decision of the entity that employs you.

What exactly is your role anyway? 

Do you officially speak for Intuit as a company? Are you the face of this company? I would hope not, if you are, might want to evaluate corporate values. There are numerous companies from mom and pops to global mecca Corporations making huge concessions, donations, and other "uncomfortable" immediate responsive changes for the greater good, while apparently Intuits corporate response as issued by "Critter" is essentially a cold snarky "sorry you're all so stupid" we told you via email that probably went to a spam folder 3 times we are going to take your money. Sorry and oh well, now pay up you lowlifes...we do not care about Covid, your lack of work, or your pathetic starving family.

Is that a fair "interpretation" of Intuits stance as publicly stated by you Critter?

I also was on phone with someone that was suppose to have my turbo tax bill delayed for 30 days, she kept putting me on hold 30min. This was last week. I get an email tonight stating money is being taken out on 4/10. I will never use turbo tax again Big difference in 4 days to 30 days postponement.  I was under quarantine for 14days. No income from work.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies