turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

How can I delay my turbo tax fee auto debit ? I still haven't received my return and now TurboTax us gonna auto debit my account

Same situation

Turbo tax didn't ask the question, but IRS is requesting the information, thereby delaying processing. Cannot get ahold of anyone at TT to delay the auto debit they have me set up for in two days. Maybe this all needs to go to the BBB, the PRC and IRS? If you didn't upgrade to their assistance package, you SOL for help from TT and good luck calling, yet calling and speaking to someone helpful. The "pros" that respond on these message boards are regurgitate the same standard non-liable script they are coerced into saying.

DT13
Returning Member

How can I delay my turbo tax fee auto debit ? I still haven't received my return and now TurboTax us gonna auto debit my account

12motion, 
Sorry to hear you’re dealing with Covid19. Hope you have a speedy recovery.  Did you try calling Turbo to see if they will work with you? They should. They’re working with my Dad on his payment and he’s not sick.

Good luck speaking to anyone at the IRS. This comment is useless 

I thought the fee was taken from my fed return amount.  This is not a good time for anyone, during Covid19.  And I am now not working.  Please extend your billing process for a later date.

@8990 wrote:

I thought the fee was taken from my fed return amount.  This is not a good time for anyone, during Covid19.  And I am now not working.  Please extend your billing process for a later date.

Call the phone number on the email you received from TurboTax to make payment arrangements.

dhgreen2243
Returning Member

This is absolutely no help at ALL, everything states redirecting to the phone number and the option of cancelling the account is NOT even an option.

Same! I guess it’s now a waiting game... I file with turbo tax so that nothing is missed, I’m not a tax professional how was I supposed to know that I was missing a form for my health insurance! Isn’t that what all the “checking your forms” is supposed to do?? So frustrating! Now turbo wants payment and I have no idea when or how much my refund will actually be?!
I did receive instructions on what forms I needed filled them out, but have heard nothing. :(

This only applies to new customers. I could of chose the free route as well but none of my prior year or saved information would of applied and I'd much rather take the easy route. There are sections where they add services on and you have to un-click on those. People that hurry through don't pay attention and to be honest is why they get jipped. So if you've filed before through then with a login ID then FREE won't apply to you. 

@Nrodgers84  

Let me educate you ... if you choose the option you wish to use FIRST and THEN log in you can use any level you want ... start with the FREE version and only upgrade if you want or are required to do so.  This year the prior year info was transferred even if you use the free version.

1....jpg

Or better yet ... use one of the 10 companies that are a part of the IRS FREE FILE options ... if your AGI was $69K or less this year there was a free version you could have used ...  but you MUST start with the IRS site to get the free option. 

https://www.irs.gov/filing/free-file-do-your-federal-taxes-for-free

I did all the calling and what not, but because they said I had three emails go out from them that I cannot defer the auto debit. So the woman told me make sure no money is in my bank account and they will try to take it twice. So basically I have to close that bank account and open a new one. Their customer service was such a big help. I won't be using their service again, and I've been a customer since 2016. All I wanted was it to be deferred for two weeks. And they tried their best to do that but it was just too hard to do. Everyone remember how your being treated now for next year when your filing taxes. Dont come back to this place. 

The consequences of the refund being delayed was in the contract you agreed to 3 times in the program ...  

(1) We send an email with instructions on how to pay your TurboTax fees (minus the Refund Processing fee, if any) by a certain date.

(2 & 3) If the fees remain unpaid by the specified date, we'll send two more  follow up emails asking that you either pay or request a deferment to prevent the fees from being automatically debited from your bank account.

(4) Finally, if you still haven't paid by the requested date, we’ll send a final email letting you know that we're debiting the fees (minus the Refund Processing fee, if any) and that the auto-debit process cannot be stopped.

Wchrisco

My hours have been cut in half from 40 hours to 15 hours can my payment be delayed, if so how long? Thank you in advance.

@Wchrisco wrote:

My hours have been cut in half from 40 hours to 15 hours can my payment be delayed, if so how long? Thank you in advance.

Call the phone number on the TurboTax email you received to make payment arrangements.

Turbp tax will NOT help anyone in this situation. I signed up for the free option, once I submitted for file they told charged me $80.00 for what, I have no idea. Then I got an email months later that I will be charged $43.00. I am furlough, do not have the money so now I will be charged overdraft fees and my request was only to run the debit 5 days later than it is scheduled and they wouldnot. Further a supervisor, a dumpy frumpy chic of course, got on her high horse of judgement, and was rude and  condescending immediately, who had zero intent of trying to assist, instead used it as a platform to chastise me. Ummm are you serious? This is a terribly callous company that hires low level employees to chastise those of asking for some minor leniency in the middle of a moment when grrwater than 6.5 million Americans are unemployed? The company will undoubtedly tell themselves and their staff that what they are doing is appropriate, pat themselves on the back and hi five each other at their all hands corporate circle jerk, and in the end do absolutely nothing to make minor modifications to extend a small assistance to customers. For what it is worth, my free advice as a graduate of a fancy private school in Boston MA with a degree in Economics that actually understands the broader scope here far more than some customer service supervisor with likely barely a high school diploma, do NOT use turbo tax as a service to do your taxes, it is NOT free, they will NOT help you, they will steal your money, and they will reprimand you if you attempt to request any compassion in a time of true need. Shame on you turbo tax. Gross

The agents are saying there’s nothing they can do and hung up on me when I asked to speak to someone else. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies