turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Hi, I have been trying to download my 2020 tax returns. It times out when I try the Download/Print return, any alternatives I can try? spent 20 hrs with support no luck

tried Mac book/safari/chrome and windows/internet explorer with no luck. Turbotax has been saying my internet connectivity is not good, I m tired of talking to the support people. Appreciate any help
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

Hi, I have been trying to download my 2020 tax returns. It times out when I try the Download/Print return, any alternatives I can try? spent 20 hrs with support no luck

Just downloaded my 2020 test tax return.  It took 5 seconds for a 2.2MB PDF file.

Try rebooting your router.

I can download my 2019 which is 1.5 MB, but this 2020 is timing out. I tried rebooting the router with no luck. Thank you

See if you can download the tax data file for 2020 Download .tax file

If you can download the .tax file then contact TurboTax support again.  Tell them your situation where you can download the PDF of the 2019 return but the 2020 return will not download.  See if they will push a 2020 TurboTax desktop installation file to your download account at no charge because of this issue.

If they will you can install the 2020 software and then open the 2020 tax data file with the TurboTax software.  Once the tax return is opened then you can go to the File section of the program and save the tax return as a PDF.

no luck! This is the message I get, actually the support person already gave me desktop version for free. But I couldn't download my tax file as well. May be no one has any clue what's happening there

"Your 2020 .tax file could not be downloaded at this time. Please try again later."

and I actually tried from my friend's laptop at his place, and same result! this is frustrating, is there any alternative at this point? 

@anildosapati21 wrote:

and I actually tried from my friend's laptop at his place, and same result! this is frustrating, is there any alternative at this point? 

If you are not having any problem downloading the 2019 PDF and 2019 tax data file from the website then there is something going on with your 2020 online files.  You can try support again on Monday and see if they will bump you up to the next level of technical support.

Otherwise the only way I know of is for you to recreate the 2020 tax return using the 2020 software that was provided to you.

You can get a free transcript of the 2020 tax return from the IRS to assist you in recreating the 2020 federal tax return.  Go to this IRS website for a transcript - https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies