turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Hi has anyone ever gotten a notice 1445 from the irs . can anyone explain this to me?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

28 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi has anyone ever gotten a notice 1445 from the irs . can anyone explain this to me?

no 1445 but there is a 1444.

IRS Notice 1444 is not a check itself, but the official correspondence that your Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act) stimulus payment has been approved and automatically deposited into your account.

there is a cp145

see this link 

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/understanding-your-cp145-notice

USPS "Informed Delivery" says I have an IRS NOTICE 1445 coming my way, but the mail is apparently not being delivered today... Sigh... Anybody else get this? Anxious as to what it could be.

This topic is re: IRS NOTICE 1445, which does exist.

Did you ever figure out what this was? I see that I have one being delivered today, but mail delivery has been delayed in my area and I cannot find anything about this online other than this post.

Yes - it is a language notice (English, Spanish, etc.). It accompanied a letter I received confirming acceptance of my amended return.

didi you actually amend or is due to the non-filer entry for updated bank or address info?

MLCARBY
Returning Member

HI,

I have IRS letter coming in mail but it hasn't arrived, I can see online my mail coming. It is IRS Notice 1445.

I don't have any property, which seems to be the letter in irs.gov. Anyone else who wrote here actually get the notice? What is it? Thx

Read the posts above, one of them says what it is.  

MLCARBY
Returning Member

Hi, I saw the responses posted. Language letter but with an amended return. I didn't amend or have anything recently sent to IRS. Did taxes in Feb and also got stimulus when they were first dispersed.

Section 1445 on IRS.gov is about taxes for acquired property, which doesn't pertain to me.

Any info greatly appreciated. 

Thx

It is (still) a language notice (English, Spanish, Chinese, etc.) irrespective of what other notice you are getting. In my case the notice accompanied a letter I received confirming acceptance of my amended return. In your case it (the language form) is accompanying some other notice (the substance of why they are writing you), as you indicated you did not file an amended return. So, in short, when the person above answered you by indicating the answer to your inquiry was already addressed above, they were indeed correct - the IRS does not have more than one type of form to a corresponding form number, as that would be ridiculously confusing.

MLCARBY
Returning Member

Ok,

I understand. I can only see through the envelope on the letter so it must be that Notice 1445 is accompanying something else that is inside the envelope. Hopefully I can obtain the letter, as I am anxious to get it.

It showed up online as arriving to my mailbox but hasn't come yet. 

Thx!

Mattyhan

I would like to report the same letter I received recently. I was sweating when I saw USPS email notification with a copy of IRS envelope. In the USPS email, you can merely see some numbers like 1445 through a plastic cover of the envelope.

Once I actually received the letter, then immediately opened it. It looked like IRS was beginning to attach Notice 1445 since July 2020 with other documents.

The Notice 1445 is just a general letter saying that "Tax Help in Other Language", which introduces IRS offers tax help in different languages. Another document in the envelope is to thank me to use IRS Online Service. Then I recalled that I registered an online account at IRS to view my previous tax scripts. So, if you registered an online account on IRS, you may receive this letter.

Rhallnj

I had the same experience today, and had a bit of anxiety because I had filed an amended return months ago asking for a refund.  The 1445 is notification of acceptance of your amended return.  I suppose it could be notice that your amended return was rejected.  An audit notice, I believe, would be certified mail.

CMT_EA

SUMMER 2021...

The notice is likely the result of an additional refund you should have recently received because of ARPA, (which was enacted after many taxpayers had already filed for Tax Year 2020).

You would receive an automatic additional refund because either:

1. You received Unemployment Insurance, which is now excluded from Taxable Income, AND/OR

2. You repaid Advance Premium Tax Credit, which was waived for Tax Year 2020 only.

The IRS is recalculating refunds in these scenarios automatically, which is why it reads like you amended a return when you actually didn't.

If you did not receive an additional refund from the IRS recently but received this notice, then you may want to pursue the matter further.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies