turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

MLP82

Has anyone with TurboTax received their second stimulus check yet

IRS sent the monies to Turbotax bank account that is closed. So that money was rejected and sent back to IRS. Therefore, why you are getting a check. This info is all over Twitter. H&R Block corrected the issue for its customers, TURBOTAX has not and has jot even mentioned the issue. 

I have used TT to file taxes for years now and I am surpised they have not issued any statments outside of what SBTPG posted on their website which someone mentioned before me. Although everyone keeps saying if you used TT or other tax prep companies and have your fee's deducted from your return then you will be getting a paper check this is not 100% accurate. In my office 4 of us use TT with fee's deducted from our returns. Currently 3 of those employees have had their second stimulus checks direct deposited into their accounts and I am currently still waiting. Although this does not mean much it does show that individuals who paid taxes prep fee's from their 2019 return with TT have received their direct deposits as they should have, not paper checks. I would hope that TT would issue a statement that clarifies this situation for its lifelong members.  

I do not think that is true I received my direct deposit and it says that my check was mailed this time around, to the wrong address at that. so there is that... 

this is an untrue statement if you opted to have your file fees taken out of your tax refund in 2019 then your payment will get sent to turbotax and they send it to you. last year my taxes where direct deposit to turbotax then turbo tax direct deposit to my account this is why we are waiting for our 2nd payment turbo tax is sitting on our funds.

I looked on IRS website and it says that for my second stimulus check: 

Payment #2 Status - Not Available

We are unable to provide the status of your payment right now because:

• We don't have enough information yet (we're working on this), or
  • You're not eligible for a payment.

I am eligible for the payment. So I’m unsure what information they are needing. 

I just talked to Tubotax customer service this was sent to me: https://www.sbtpg.com/coronavirus-stimulus-payment-info/

If you chose to have your turbo tax fees deducted from your return last year, then your going to have an issue getting your second stimulus payment. Before your return last year was sent to the bank account/card, etc that you chose, it went to a temporary bank account of Turbo Tax that deducted those filing fees before sending the balance to your account. Now a year later, it is not forwarding the stimulus money. Same thing for H&R Block, but they say they are forwarding the deposits. Nothing has been said from Turbo Tax. So you could be waiting for it to be returned to the IRS and a check sent to you, or they could forward the payment to the account you had chosen. Just waiting for TurboTax to let customers know what's going on.

I haven’t @alliezee1 . I’ve just settled on the fact that I won’t get mine until I file taxes because I’ve moved since 2019 so if they send a check then I won’t get that either.

I still have not received mine. When I checked the irs site, it states that my first payment was deposited in April, the 2nd deposit , states  we don’t have enough info on this yet ( we are working on it ) or you aren’t eligible  for payment. This is not correct. I am eligible for payment. My bank account is active. What the heck! I really need this money. Everyone else I know has received this payment. 

Same! So frustrating. 

Im not sure how accurate this information is but was told that if you paid TurboTax to file 2019 income taxes and they sent your banking info to Santa Barbara bank that Santa Barbara would reject the payment and send it back to IRS and they would issue a check by mail. Smdh. I received my 1st stimulus direct deposit kind of early and everything was fine. Now all my family members have got their money and im the one still waiting and need the money the most.. Wish u best of luck!!

Exact same thing is happening to me. I got my first one with no problem and when I check My refund status it says that my info does not match my info on file and they locked me out and to check back in 24 hours. I went through my printed out tax return to see my address and entered it correctly. I do not know what is going on. What a mess. I have 3 kids and really need it like everyone else. Im starting to think Turbo Tax is the problem. Im starting to think They are sending our refunds to Santa Barbara bank and they are getting rejected. Hope we all get some info soon. Good luck

Same exact thing happening to me. Everyone in my family has theirs that gets one except me. Im guessing since they sent it to Santa Barbara Bank they will send our by mail. I am done with Turbo Tax. My sister used turbo tax but did not pay and got hers. I paid and now this is what happened. 

21bsap

I have not received it yet, but had no problem getting the 1st one... 

Acole203
Returning Member

I haven’t gotten mine either 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies