Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Has anyone received their refunds this year with earned income tax credit I filed January 27 and accepted January 28th 2020

FINALLY AN UPDATE!!! I filed Jan 27. Then waited and waited. I received a letter saying to wait 60 days. I just now checked my bank and I have the refund pending. Pending date March 18th 

Gal1311
Returning Member

Has anyone received their refunds this year with earned income tax credit I filed January 27 and accepted January 28th 2020

Great news! Congratulations!! When did you receive the letter? 

I have yet received a letter and now they are saying they have 38 days to figure out my return or action will be taken, then she went on and said if I haven't received a notice in 9 days to call back, I'm so lost! Filed and accepted Jan 29

Gal1311
Returning Member

@Modehead @When did you receive your letter? 

I received my letter about a week ago. My money is pending in my bank account for March 18 I will update on here if it’s there on that day. 

KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

If you are concerned about the status of your taxes and you are past the 21 day mark you should call the IRS to see if they can provide you with any additional information.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/return-status/help/my-return-is-accepted-but-still-not-approved-is...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVYONZQMhW0

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I filed Jan 27th,was excepted Jan 28th.  Recieved a letter dated 3/9/20 saying could take up to 60 days.  Then 3/13/20 the Irs app said my deposit is scheduled for the 3/18/20.  Whoohoo we eatin like kings on the 18th, TACOBELL WATCHOUT!

Money was pending for 18th but received it yesterday morning. On the 16th 

I got a letter saying I owed fees from return but my return hasn't been deposited yet due to a review I don't recall signing anything saying I would owe if return was late ?

ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

Who was the letter from? Please respond back so that we can try to help.

Filed 1/31/20....its now 3/18/20...wmr still says processing,  I haven't received my federal or state refund. I'm in California. Filed with both eitc and aitc tax credits, used turbotax to refile. Anyone out there in the same boat, rowing the same boat?

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

There are many people experiencing this long delay unfortunately. Here is a link that customers are posting on with updates: Path Act Customer updates.

The IRS started processing returns later than in prior years and as such has a backlog to work through. They also just recently started processing returns claiming EIC and/or ACTC.

During processing, the government reviews your refund. During the review process, they look for math errors on your return (extremely rare in TurboTax) and they also check if you owe back taxes, unpaid child support, or other debts.

If they need to make any corrections, they may offset (reduce) your refund. In some cases, the correction might even increase your refund.

Once that part's done, the government approves your refund, which means it's ready to be deposited or sent.  At that point the IRS site will update with a direct deposit date.

Herrokutty711
Returning Member

UPDATE:

accepted 1/28 received review letter 3/9. Still nothing spoke with irs they said it’s still under review. Ya girl is really hurting for money right now 😭

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

@Herrokutty711

Turbo Tax will not have a status on your refund. If the IRS website says processing, this means they are working on it.

Please use this link to track your refund from the IRS. https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/use-the-wheres-my-refund-tool

Tax Season Refund Frequently Asked Questions https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions

Jmspruett72
Returning Member

I havent got mine either...it just say my return is being processed and has said that for over two weeks now. I paid for audit protection and filing fees and now...TURBO TAX just sent me an email saying basically that i havent recieved my refund yet and they are saying i owe them $98 for there service. I thought they take it from my federal return when it comes in. And it was supossed to be free anyway. They are after any money hitting my card as well. Im going to have to file a complaint at this point. I called turbo tax and was told i used a live agent..and i did not use a live agent. Then the rep told me that i automatically got one. I filed with turbo tax because it was a free service...SO I THOUGHT

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies