turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Has anyone received their refunds this year with earned income tax credit I filed January 27 and accepted January 28th 2020

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

282 Replies
Lm13
Level 2

Has anyone received their refunds this year with earned income tax credit I filed January 27 and accepted January 28th 2020

No, I haven't , I filed on January 28 and according to turbo tax was accepted that same day, but on the irs website it only says it is being processed,  still haven't received it, according to turbo tax the estimate refund day was February 18th , well is February 26 and no money yet...

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

Turbo Tax will not have a status on your refund. Please use this link to track your refund from the IRS. https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/use-the-wheres-my-refund-tool

Please see the IRS website for more information. Refund Timing for Earned Income Tax Credit and Additional Child Tax Credit Filers https://www.irs.gov/individuals/refund-timing

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Lm13
Level 2

I have already checked on the IRS website and it only says , they received my tax return and is being processed....turbo tax website says my return was accepted,  regardless no money yet , IRS isn't providing any information other than is being process

NashayLO
Intuit Alumni

It takes longer to receive your refund if you claimed the Earned Income Credit (EIC) "The Protecting Americans from Tax Hikes Act (PATH Act) prevents the IRS from issuing early refunds on any tax return that claims the Earned Income Tax Credit (EIC) and/or Additional Child Tax Credit."

Please see this Turbotax FAQ for more information, https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refund-status/help/some-federal-refunds-will-be-delayed-due-to-the...

Hopefully soon it’s already later than last year and I filed later last year 

I think its turbo tax cause i know alot that has had child credit and they received theres monday . its crazy 

And the ones i know have went through known tax places too

I'm in the same boat, filed on the 27th and it says still processing. The IRS said it's under further review but I think its Turbo Tax users only.

The ones i know who filed n recieved was through jackson hewitt and 2 other ones

I can’t ever get to talk to a live person and don’t understand what the delay is... it’s already later than last year

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

@ff333220

How do I contact the Internal Revenue Service (IRS)? https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3301592

Please see the IRS website for more information. Refund Timing for Earned Income Tax Credit and Additional Child Tax Credit Filers https://www.irs.gov/individuals/refund-timing

No, I haven't received it either and I'm getting a little worried. Last year I filed on 1/29 and the deposit was made on 2/27. This year I filed on 1/27, accepted 1/27, and I don't even have any status bars when I check in WMR - haven't had them for weeks now. All it says it that they've received it and it's being processed. I know about the PATH Act and understand that is probably the main reason for the delay, however, the fact that the bars have disappeared for some people (a change in the norm without warning), and this being the longest wait for most people, the anxiety struggle is way too real.

Same for me and I don’t understand why the IRS won’t update if there is issues widely or turbo tax can’t find something out I’ve used them years it’s ridiculous I know that you have to be patient but when you call and every can’t tell you anything else than what you see on WMR it crazy

I filed early January around 17th was accepted immediatly had the eic on mine and stuck on processing this happened last year to was saying processing get them first week of march

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies