Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Has anyone received their amended return 2020 if TT recommended amending your return?

Yeah. TT said to amend my federal. I know about the delays and 16 weeks etc. just wondering if anyone has gotten lucky yet

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

Has anyone received their amended return 2020 if TT recommended amending your return?

Amended returns can take 6 months or more to process. 

Duh. As I mentioned, I’m aware of the usual 16 weeks  and the additional delays. My question was, has anyone been lucky enough to receive their amended return refund.

Please don’t reply if it’s not an answer to my question.

I doubt anyone will post that information and I have not seen anyone posting this info on any other threads ... watch the IRS tool here for a progress report when available.

https://www.irs.gov/filing/wheres-my-amended-return

IRS just recently adjusted the amended return within 16 weeks, as advertised.

Did the check get sent? No. that's the next step we're waiting on.

@Williepup3  

People who have already received their refunds and are living happily ever after  (or least happily for the time being) are not often here in the user forum looking for ways to tell others about it -- so folks who received their refunds are less likely to reply to your question.  

16 weeks is optimistic--it will probably be a lot longer before you receive a refund for an amended return.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies