Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jnikhi78
Returning Member

Federal Tax Accepted but No Record in Wheres My Refund

I got the email from TurboTax saying my efiling of my Federal tax return was accepted.  However it's been 3 weeks (filed in February 12, accepted on February 13) and everytime I check on the IRS Where's My Refund status, it says my information is not correct or if I check via the phone, it says they cannot provide me with information about my refund and to call back in 24 hours.  Did my refund actually go through? 

On this same submission, my state filing was rejected but eventually resolved and I got my refund from the state.  Just the federal return seems to be in limbo.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

16 Replies

jnikhi78
Returning Member

Even if it is delayed, 3 weeks gave passed already.  Thr where's my refund app says my information does not match but is exactly as shown on the turbotax documents.

kelbel84

I am experiencing the same issue. Filed on 2/18, and it Turbo Tax sent an email saying it was accepted that same day. But, they have no record of our information three weeks later. Have you figured anything out on this?

jnikhi78
Returning Member

No, Been checking everyday and the same result.  Keeps saying my information does not match and nothing recorded on my transcripts either.

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

@jnikhi78If you e-filed, make sure the return was e-filed successfully and accepted:

• Re-check your e-file status
  • Make sure to enter the federal refund amount without the state refund, less any TurboTax fees if you chose to pay any fees out of the refund.
  • If you are married filing jointly try using the Social Security Number for the name that appears first on the return. 

If you have already tried the above on the IRS WMR website, you can check the status of your refund by calling the IRS directly.

Please see the below Turbo Tax FAQ for additional information: Why is there no record of my return at Where’s My Refund (WMR)

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
jnikhi78
Returning Member

I've checked and rechecked and it keeps saying it does not match.  I got an email from TurboTax saying it was accepted.  The status in the desktop app says accepted as well.  Pretty much did everything recommended and checked using my spouse's information since it's a joint return, same error message.

Tried calling several times and either all the lines are busy or if I do get through it kicks me out after a few minutes.   

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

@jnikhi78 After it has been 21 days since your return was accepted, you can call the IRS at 

1-800-829-1040 to check your return. 

• When calling the IRS do NOT choose the automated Option 1.  

• Choose the option that will allow you to speak with an agent.  

After 21 days they can check the status of your return.  

Why do some refunds take longer than others?  

jnikhi78
Returning Member

I have done that as well.  Going through the prompts to talk to the agent, after a few minutes it comes on saying that the lines are all busy and to call back later, and then it disconnects.  

Same issue got my state return on mar 9 but federal says my information dont match. Also says it when i look for my 3rd stimilus check.

Cass0317
Intuit Alumni

@Js816 If your return was "Accepted" by the IRS, be sure you are entering you Federal refund only, prior to any fees being taken out if applicable. If you are filing joint, enter the filers social security number that appears first on the return, when checking your status on the IRS  site.

If all of your information is being entered Where's My Refund? correctly then it is most likely due to the post on the IRS site right now. You can check here: Where's My Refund? - Internal Revenue Service but it is posted as follows: "Updates to Where’s My Refund Status Delayed for Some

There may be high traffic on the IRS site right now, website issues or updates being done.

Continue to check Where’s My Federal Refund?. The IRS usually updates daily, usually overnight. Hopefully it will update soon.

I am not illiterate and comprehend what i need to enter to receive my return status. Mocking me with quotations is not necessary as i got the accepted information from your company.

I am in the EXACT same situation. Just like you, I have tried all the steps and I cannot reach the IRS. The one common factor I am seeing is most of the people reporting issues say they filed in mid-February.

I'm having the same issue.  I gone through WMR site multiple times and consistently get "Cannot provide your information".  I've called IRS number multiple times and when I finally do get through, all the prompts get me tot he exact same WMR questions, but do ask if you filed on 2/25 or after and if you filed prior to 2/25.  I filed on 2/19, accepted on 2/20, so when I select Prior to 2/25, I get Cannot provide information and disconnected. 

LindseyLO
Intuit Alumni

If it has taken more than 21 days to receive your return please click here for more guidance as well as help with contacting the IRS.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies