Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Efiled 2019 tax return 3/5/20 and was accepted 3/5/20. Estimated refund 3/26/20 for direcy deposit. IRSgov refund tracker say still processing. No answer phone. Help?

2019 tax return efile received by IRS Thurs March 5, 2020 at 4:37 pm and file status Accepted March 5, 2020 at 4:45 pm. Turbo tax gave estimate refund date of March 26, 2020. IRSgov says still processing. Where is refund?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Efiled 2019 tax return 3/5/20 and was accepted 3/5/20. Estimated refund 3/26/20 for direcy deposit. IRSgov refund tracker say still processing. No answer phone. Help?

I am in the exact same situation--exactly the same. I called the Tax Payer Advocate, as the IRS direct lines are closed. TPA said this is not uncommon, especially since the IRS staff is mostly working remote and are not allowed to view PPI from home. They said, "they weren't sure how much work was happening on returns that require any additional review." 

My return was also very simple and very similar to last year's so I don't know why it would be different from a time perspective. 

View solution in original post

6 Replies
AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

If it has been longer than 21 days since the IRS accepted your return, please see the article below for more helpful ideas.  

What if my IRS refund is taking longer than 21 day ...  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Not helpful.   I can't get an answer anywhere.  Links to information keep saying there are 3  stages of my refund: recieved, approved, sent.  My says still processing and has been in that stage for more than 2 weeks. My refund was not complicated.  And now the website for irs.gov says it is down for maintenance. And now when I go to IRSGo on my phone app it says "error " and that my information does not match. My information regarding my ss #, filing status, and amount has not changed since i filed.  

I am in the exact same situation--exactly the same. I called the Tax Payer Advocate, as the IRS direct lines are closed. TPA said this is not uncommon, especially since the IRS staff is mostly working remote and are not allowed to view PPI from home. They said, "they weren't sure how much work was happening on returns that require any additional review." 

My return was also very simple and very similar to last year's so I don't know why it would be different from a time perspective. 

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

@jmackd

I apologize, Turbo Tax will not know this information. Only the IRS.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I still have not recieved my 2019 tax refund filed on 3/5/20 and accepted on 3/5/20.  However, today I received a payment notice that turbo tax will debit $181.22 from my bank account by 5/8/20, even though they can't say why or how I can find out about my refund is "still processing". The letter also mentioned that they understood how COVID-19 may be affecting you, but make sure you pay us, even though we have no idea where  your redfund is. So,  I payed $181.22 for the premier tax service when I filed with turbo tax in March of 2020, and have been doing my taxes with turbo for years, yet you cannot provide me with any helpful information to where my refund is or what steps i need to take if a correction needs to be made.  The only place you refer me to is back to www.irs.gov which is completely worthless.  The IRS.gov asks for your ss#, your filing status, and amount to be refunded and then it just tells you your refund is still processing.  I pay the premier tax service so I can get help for an issue like this. Obviously, that was a waiste of money.  I won't be using turbo tax again and hope to leave as many reviews as I can, so others will not use your tax services either.  I am not sure it will do much good, but maybe someone will read and choose not to use turbo tax for filing taxes.  Nicely done Turbo Tax. 

Thanks for letting me know I am not the only one.  I will update on my status if I find any resolution. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies